Go to footer

Iron Dog's resin army

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

Iron Dog's resin army

Postby iron_dog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 pm

I have a few dolls. If your definition of a few is 18. It wasn't supposed to be that way. It was only supposed to be 2 dolls. But we all know how that goes, right? All my dolls are characters from the novels I write and fortunately not all my characters require shelling as dolls else I'd be overrun (and far, far poorer).

This is the whole gang. From back to front, left to right we have....
Back row: Quinlin (JeiDoll Ashford), Ryzel (BlueBloodDoll Valentine), Kijika (Angel of Dream/LE Doll collab Adonis)
Middle Row: Kysmirhea (Camilla Dynasty Longway), Jolen (ResinSoul Jun), Sarojin (Illusion Spirit ZhuQing), Jaiseki (Angel of Dream Min), Moswen (Angel of Dream Chi), Tyhlian (OrientDoll Tae Vampire), Dakvir (Doll-Love God-Enjoy head on boy body), Aischylos (ResinSoul Yao head on boy body), teen Haniel (Fairyland Minifee Ruth)
Front row: Darius (ResinSoul Pixiu), Vuchel & Vashin (ResinSoul Bao), Misu (Obitsu Kayra), Gunari (Lume Doll Koit)
Very Front: child Haniel (Cherish Doll Chubby Demon)

There are some "unfinished" dolls in this shot. Kijika requires his wings, Jaiseki needs his wings, Jolen needs his wig modded to add blue to it and scales carved into his resin and Gunari needs the dragon feet I have modded to fit his legs. There's a couple who need new face-ups, too. And since this picture was taken, Aischylos has new eyes and wig (they were temp ones in the shot) and Darius has a new wig and alternate eyes in.

The dolls here represent the characters in 6 different novels/novellas.
Blind Desire (novel, for purchase): Ryzel, Quinlin, Haniel, Aischylos & Darius
Balancing Karma (novel, free read): Moswen, Kijika & Jaiseki with cameos by Tyhlian and Dakvir
Dreaming Of The Void (novel, pay site): Tyhlian and Dakvir with cameos by Moswen and Kijika
Enchanted Shadows (novella, free read): Jaiseki, Sarojin, Vuchel and Vashin
Sea Of Stars (novel, free read): Jolen and Kysmirhea
The Dragon's Muse (novella, submitted for publication): Gunari and Misu
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Iron Dog's resin army

Postby richila » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:53 am

Wow-your crew has really expanded. It is fun to see them all together.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby dhawktx » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 am

Ooo! Please include links to the free reads...and where to buy the others?
dhawktx
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby iron_dog » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:35 am

I'm sorry for not replying sooner. I didn't see this reply until now *head desk*.

All free reads can be found on my author journals here:
http://id-locke.livejournal.com/
http://id-locke.dreamwidth.org/profile

There's generally a master list on the left hand side of the page with links to individual chapters of each story. Some are complete and some are WIP's and some are just one-shots. If you need any help finding anything, please just ask.

I am published through Torquere Press under the name ID Locke and you can find all my works for purchase here:
http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php? ... ers_id=263
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Postby famedglory » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:09 pm

That's a good looking crew. I'd love to see Dakvir(is that the reall really dark one?) in more detail. And thanks for the links!
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby iron_dog » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Thank you. There is a new addition. I won a LeekeWorld Limited fullset Khal Vampire at DollNorth this May. I have swapped out his default eyes, wig, outfit and hands to become Khale, my Frost Elf/Ice Demon.

Dakvir is indeed the black doll. He was custom dyed and I'm really quite pleased with how he turned out. He also doesn't have a face-up as I think he looks perfect with nothing more than the wicked long eyelashes I installed.
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Postby famedglory » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:44 am

Wow. He is really beautiful(both of them, but specifically Dakvir) If you hadn't pointed out that he doesn't actually have a faceup, I never would have noticed. He's just so complete without it.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby iron_dog » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 am

I was quite surprised to find that myself. I had intended to get him a face-up, but once I got him back from the modder who dyed him, I thought all he needed were eyelashes and he was done. I picked up some people eyelashes with sparkles on them and aside from cutting them to fit his eye holes, I left them crazy long (for a doll) and it just works for him.
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Postby dhawktx » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 am

Well, DUH! I've been reading Dreaming of the Void but my brain keeps that in a separate compartment from BJDs... Yay! I REALLY like DotV, can't wait to see the others.

I'd love to see pics of the crew presented by storyline. That would be fascinating!
dhawktx
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby iron_dog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 am

Thank you. Dreaming is quite fun to write. I actually do have shots of the dolls by storyline(s) *laughs*. These are older photos and some of the dolls have since gotten their proper wigs/eyes/face-ups/mods.

Balancing Karma story line (Moswen & Kijika)
Enchanted Shadows (Jaiseki, Sarojin, Vuchel & Vashin)
Dreaming Of The Void (Tyhlian & Dakvir)
Blind Desire (Ryzel, Quinlin, Haniel, Aischylos & Darius)
Sea Of Stars (Jolen & Kysmirhea)
The Dragon's Muse (Gunari & Misu)
Absolute Zero (Khale & Sleet)
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries