Go to footer

Emby's Dollieh Krewe

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

Emby's Dollieh Krewe

Postby embyquinn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Name: Megumi Hina

Birthdate: 3 March

Blood Type: O

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Singing voice: Kate Bush

Composition: Obitsu white 27cm female body, fleshtone; Raquelle Ballerina head

Megumi is active, outgoing and rather long-suffering, but manages to stay cheerful in spite of everything. She likes both Hello Kitty and It's Happy Bunny, and sees no dichotomy whatsoever in that. She loves watching horror movies, reading, surfing the Web on her laptop, and going new places and meeting new people. She likes to wear clothes that are comfortable. No fashionista she; Meg prefers real clothes as opposed to glittertrash Barbie sh!t. She can wear kimono, Lolita wear and a T-shirt and blue jeans with the same ease and unconscious grace. Her favorite color is blue, but most of her clothes are soft jewel tones, denim, and the occasional funky orange or green.

Meg has her own LJ at http://megumi_hina.livejournal.com. However, she almost never updates it.

I have considered from time to time replacing the Barbie head with an Obitsu, but I have decided that Meg is perfect just the way she is...especially since the Lea head mold is very similar to the Obitsu blank heads, only slightly larger and with more pronounced sculpted features. As you can see, she truly is a gorgeous doll.

Favorite quote: "Let me steal this moment from you now."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Name: Isobelle Donatella Solange Fontaine

Birthdate: 1 August

Hair: Sunlit red

Eyes: Light green

Singing voice: Megan McCauley

Composition: Obitsu normal 27cm female body, fleshtone; America's Top Model head with extensive repaint

Belle Fontaine is fire-eating Italian on her mother's side and Louisiana Cajun on her father's. She's a practicing witch and hopes someday to get it right. She likes dark colors, especially dark purple, deep red, midnight blue and--of course--black. She's fluent in Cajun French and cooks a mean jambalaya. She's the peacekeeper of the growing dollieh krewe, using diplomatic skills, Cajun common sense, and the occasional headslap to maintain order. Although Megumi is the acknowledged leader of the krewe, Belle is definitely the heart and soul of the outfit. Her favorite endearment is "dollin'", which is the way people from New Orleans' Ninth Ward pronounce the word "darling". Yes, she means it as a pun.

Belle enjoys music, everything from light classical to zydeco to smooth jazz and even some country. She's a good dancer and loves parties. She doesn't drink to excess, but she likes the occasional glass of sangria.

Favorite quote: "Why doesn't anyone stay here? Why do they leave me?"

Name: Ashely Delacroix

Blood Type: A

Hair: White blonde

Eyes: Reddish brown

Composition: Shakira head, partially rerooted, cut short and face repainted, on a Barbie Fashionista body

SInging voice: Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde)

Ashe is a goth, a biker chick, a rocker grrrl, a punk, and none of these things. Like Belle, she hails from the bayou; unlike Belle, she's anything but a lady. She can dust it up with the best of them. She could take on a whole platoon of GI Joes singlehanded and finish off a few Transformers for dessert. Oh, did I mention she's tough?

Ashe likes fast bikes, hard music, and pretty boys. She plays drums to work out her frustrations when she can't beat anything else up. She tends to adopt a sort of "don't give a shit" attitude, but she's really very sensitive under all that leather and badass. She cares deeply for her friends and loves her cousin Belle to distraction. She likes her other cousin Meg okay, but she enjoys trading cut-downs with her on occasion. Since it's not actually meant to be insulting, they both enjoy the interaction, and if things start getting too intense, there's always Belle to smooth things over.

Favorite quote: "Everybody knows the fight is fixed--the poor stay poor while the rich get rich."

Name: Cherry Moon (Mun Chaeri)

Birthdate: 3 May

Hair: Usually pink or pink-streaked, but subject to change with her mood (and the wig she's wearing)

Eyes: Violet

Composition: Moxie Teenz Melrose head with swapped-in violet eyes (Tristen's) on Volks EB Tan body

Singing voice: Angie Hart

Cherry is Korean American. She grew up in Atlanta, Georgia, which makes her South Korean. She loves Japanese anime, Chinese food, and American music. She lives with her grandparents above their bookstore/coffee shop. She plays a mean guitar and loves to sing; she's hoping to hit it big some day. Oh, and she loves Korean horror movies, so she's not totally a lost cause where her ethnic culture is concerned.

Riri (Meg gave her that nickname) is seriously into punk--the music, the fashion, and the DIY (do it yourself) ethic. She's completely straight edge--no drinking, no drugs, no casual sex. She's not judgmental, though; if other people want to party, who is she to tell them what to do?

She is currently married to Johnny Storm (see below).

Favorite quote: "A girl is a verb."

Name: Miyae "Miya" Washio

Birthdate: May 15

Hair: Red

Eyes: Blue

Composition: Mattel Palm Beach Midge with restyled hair on a Fashionista body

Singing voice: Tori Amos

Miya Washio is the older sister of Ken Washio, better known as G-1 of the Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. Shortly before Ken's birth, Miya was kidnapped at a train station by an enemy agent who raised her as a Galactor assassin. As a young woman, she turned against the syndicate and surrendered to the Science Ninja Team. Once her true identity was discovered, Ken accepted his sister into his life. Eventually she became friends with Ken's teammates on the SNT. She went to work at Jun's bar and became Joe's lover. She is trying hard to adjust to life in the normal world--or whatever passes for "normal" when your only friends and family are five people in high-tech bird suits.

Miya is cool and prepossessing at first meeting, and appears to exude confidence and self-sufficience. She is very tall, with long coltish legs and a rich contralto voice. In reality, large crowds make her uneasy and she doesn't really go out much, especially not alone. But she loves the race track and the snack bar where she works as a bartender and as a singer and pianist. Her music is esoteric, the lyrics complicated, and the melodies haunting. (Think Tori Amos, Charlotte Martin or even Imogen Heap.)

Miya is the oldest RP character I have. She features in my earliest fanfiction and has even been published as a supporting character in the Top Cow Battle of the Planets comic series (really!). I had her in doll form years ago, but I have finally gotten around to "reshelling" her.

If you're into Gatchaman (one of the oldest anime series around and the very first sentai [team] anime ever), check out my Gatch fanfic page here: http://embyquinn.tripod.com/gatchaman

Favorite quote: "Excuse me, but can I be you for a while?"

Name: Jonathan Lowell Spencer Storm

Birthdate: 8 August

Hair: Light blond

Eyes: Deep blue

Composition: Liv Jake with custom-cut platinum blond Liv wig

Singing Voice: Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

Johnny Storm is the Human Torch, one-fourth of the superhero team the Fantastic Four. Due to portrayals of his character as a mindless, misogynistic hedonist, Johnny left Marvel in a snit, which resulted in the writers killing off his character in early 2011. He has recently returned to work on the Fantastic Four comic but is still in negotiations as to his long-term involvement with Marvel. He has been secretly involved with Cherry Moon for some time now and has recently married her. He fears publicity might damage their relationship. In the meantime, he keeps his professional and personal life carefully separate.

Favorite quote: "Can't wait to burn it to the ground."

Name: Giorgio "Joe" Asakura

Birthdate: 15 November

Blood Type: A

Hair: Light brown

Eyes: Gray-violet

Composition: Disney John Smith with dyed brown hair on a first wave Ken Fashionista body

Singing voice: Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park)

Joe's father was a Sicilian mob boss who got mixed up with the Galactor Syndicate, a criminal organization operated by the alien Sosai X. When Joe was eight, his parents tried to leave the syndicate and were murdered in front of Joe's eyes. Joe himself was gravely wounded and left for dead, but he was rescued by Dr. Kozaburo Nambu and became a member of the Science Ninja Team, Gatchaman.

Joe is a skilled driver and flawless sharpshooter. He doesn't have the people skills God gave a moon rock, but he has a certain rough charm that makes him likeable enough.

Known for his womanizing ways, Joe eventually fell in love with his team leader's sister, Miya (see above).

Favorite quote: "I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart."

Name: The Doctor

Birthdate: Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far awa...no, wait.

Blood Type: Unknown

Hair: Still not ginger

Eyes: Green

Composition: My Scene Ellis with restyled hair

The mysterious alien time traveler known only as "the Doctor" comes from the planet of Gallifrey, home of the Time Lords. The Doctor has always been an anomaly among his own people, eschewing their strict policies of non-intervention in favor of helping people when and where he can. Humans are quite his favorite species and he tends to hang out with them more often than any other race, even his own. During the terrible Time War, where the Doctor's archenemies the Daleks invaded Gallifrey, the Doctor's home planet was destroyed, and with it most of his race. As far as he knows, he is now the last of his kind.

Favorite quote: "I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known."

Last edited by embyquinn on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 30 times in total.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Emby's Dollieh Krewe

Postby britbrat18 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:57 pm

They're so pretty!! I especially like Megumi. Sounds like you've been around for a bit, but Welcome!!

Are you the embyquinn that does all those awesome kisekae dolls? If so, I wanted to tell you what an awesome job you did. I used to love playing with the Sailor Moon ones you did (they were my favorite sets). I was really bummed when my computer crashed and I lost them.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:26 am

britbrat18 wrote:They're so pretty!! I especially like Megumi. Sounds like you've been around for a bit, but Welcome!!

Are you the embyquinn that does all those awesome kisekae dolls? If so, I wanted to tell you what an awesome job you did. I used to love playing with the Sailor Moon ones you did (they were my favorite sets). I was really bummed when my computer crashed and I lost them.

Yupyup, that would be me. :D AFAIK, I'm the only Emby Quinn on the Internet (more than one would make it asplode).

I'm happy you remember good times with my virtual dolliehs!
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Is Megumi Hina on a normal hard-bust or soft-bust? I'm asking because (should my car stop randomly going into the shop), I've been planning on getting a hard-bust. However, I was a bit concerned that the breasts are on the larger end of the scale. That doesn't appear to be the case with Megumi Hina.

And I totally agree with her on the overabundance of glitter-trash Barbie clothes. That made me giggle.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:14 pm

@Eseme: Sorry for the loooong delay, I've been neglectful.

Megumi is a normal bust Obitsu. They're not really all that WHOOMP! in the boobage department--less than Barbie; in fact, I have to take in any Barbie top I have for Meg because she doesn't, ah, fill it out.
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:47 pm

Thanks for the reply! The timing turns out to be fine, as my car went in the shop YET AGAIN since that last post. Makes me want to tear my hair out.

That's really good to know. I probably will not be ordering until October at this rate, but I'm glad to have the info.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Aeilia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Your girls are all very pretty, and have such diverse personalities!
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby embyquinn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:59 am

Aeilia wrote:Your girls are all very pretty, and have such diverse personalities!

Thank you! Except for Meg, they are all based on RP characters from different genres. Of all my dolls, Meg alone has a completely original personality, and she never lets the other girls forget it. But they love her anyway.

Yes, I'm deluded enough to imagine interaction among my dolls. Belle is Meg's best friend, and Ashe is her cousin (second cousin or once removed or some such--neither one is really sure). Ashe likes Megumi okay, and they have a lot in common since Ashe is half Japanese herself. Meg is secretly envious of Ashe because of her blonde hair, but wouldn't admit it under slow torture.

Chae-ri is the "new girl", and is still trying to find her niche in the dynamic. She's a bit in awe of Megumi, who she sees as a grand Japanese lady. She finds Ashe a bit hard to approach--many people do--and the only one she really connects with is llelle, who's made an effort to welcome her.
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Aeilia » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:58 pm

I love them all! I think 1/6 is my favourite size. No doubt your girls will work everything out, and Chae-ri will feel more comfortable in the group as time goes by. It's fascinating to me how they all develop as individuals. I can't seem to have characters planned for any of my dolls. I have to wait till they arrive, and then find out who they are. It always amazes me as to where it comes from, but the personalities, interactions etc just seem to happen. I must be deluding myself too! LOL! :lol:
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby embyquinn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks, Aeilia! Actually, Meg really wants to get to know Chae-ri better--she's not as lofty and reserved as she sometimes seems and she really likes a lot of the same things Ri-ri does. (In fact, she's the one who gave Chae-ri the nickname "Ri-ri".) She's going to lend Chae-ri her "Falling" manga, which is her most prized possession because (a) it was a gift from Ghaleon and (b) the main female character resembles her. This is a grand mark of esteem from Meg, and she hopes it will make Chae-ri feel more comfortable around her. Belle thinks it's a great idea; Ashe is more like "Pfft, whatever. Meg doesn't let ME read her stupid book..."
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries