Go to footer

Socky's doll collection

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

Socky's doll collection

Postby FacelessPuppets » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 pm

I was thinking, yeah, I hope it's okay to put just all of my doll pictures in a single topic. I'm not comfortable with making a ton of topics with different photoshoots, it just gets all over the place and spams the pages I suppose.

Anyway, I haven't done any "proper" shoots yet, (mostly just feedback asking shoots on my terrible past faceups) but I did take a couple of complete family pictures about two hours ago or so.

(the MH doll wouldn't stand so I put her in a shoe, and then my Hujoo Baby Suve wanted to shoe up with her.)

Here they are all on their home shelf, posed like they are displayed there all the time
(except for the resin girl to the far right, she's usually inside the box she's sitting on because of my yellowing fear and stuff)
From left to right they're Eygló (Hujoo Berry), Beinfrid (Monster High CAM Skeleton), Lilla (Hujoo Baby Suve), Höskuldur, (Hujoo Wings), Viggi (Hujoo Baby Ted), Salvör (Hujoo Baby Is) and Elva (Only-Doll Hongxiu)

I do plan on adding to my collection when I have resources, There's still a few more Hujoos I'd like to have and some resin girls and boys I have plans for in the future. And I've got four more CAM torsos lying around somehwere... gonna have to find them some limbs and heads and stuff.
So yeah, I'll add them here when I get them, and practice taking better pictures of the ones I already have in the meanwhiles. And get them some more proper clothes, that sounds like a smart idea.

If there's any helpful photography critique you've got for me I'd be happy and grateful to listen to it. I'm trying to get the hang of this thing.

Love, Socky.
FacelessPuppets
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Re: Socky's doll collection

Postby mica » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:21 pm

I like your family
Very cute :)
Kerryth- Delilah Noir Dark and Defiant
Anakin- Goodreau Schemer
Robin- Impdoll Bobo
Willow- Hujoo Suve........Bran- Hujoo Suve
Atrus- Domuya Venturo......Miriana- Delf EL
Riven- Dollzone Yuu
mica
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Lif » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 am

I missread the title of this post and was eager to find out what socky dolls would look like :lol:

I really like your collection. Specially the blue/greenish haired Hujoo! Which makes me think I really need to get going and do something with mine. I have a white hujoo basic which is in need of some serious styling as I never really done anything with her yet apart from making plans and then discarting them again.
Could you give tell me if I need msc to prepare her head before I put a face up on too?
I still need eyes and lashes and stuff for her as well but I wanted to try face-upping for a bit before I finally decide what she needs to become.

Love the baby's too! Would love owning one in future :)
BJD's:
Audrey: Soulkid Liddell
Molly: Bambicrony Ciao Roko
Blythe (clone)
Pip: Myserious Blythe clone
Other
Kuma: Toy Field Kuma bear (small)
Isaac: commercial cheapisch baby dolly (but extremely cute!)
Read about them: Spark-a-doodle
Lif
Dolly Pardon

Postby FacelessPuppets » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks for the kind answers, guys! I am very proud of my little family.

Lif wrote:Could you give tell me if I need msc to prepare her head before I put a face up on too?

It depends on how you do it. I mixed pastel powder with a matte brush on varnish and just.. brushed on what I needed. It was a nice way to control the sheerness.

I've tried to put pastels on a completely unprepared face, it worked pretty well until I had to put the varnish on, which stumped me and I had to redo the whole thing because of brush on bleeding. (It's really hard to ship MSC to my country, I found out that Army Painter Anti-Shine spray works pretty okay for Hujoos later on)

So I imagine if you used MSC you wouldn't need to prepare her, but you might still want to, I know some people do.

Good luck and have fun!
FacelessPuppets

Postby Lif » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for the answer!
I first will buy some eyes I think together with some MSC cause even if I do not need to prepare her before face-up I need to seal I guess.
BJD's:
Audrey: Soulkid Liddell
Molly: Bambicrony Ciao Roko
Blythe (clone)
Pip: Myserious Blythe clone
Other
Kuma: Toy Field Kuma bear (small)
Isaac: commercial cheapisch baby dolly (but extremely cute!)
Read about them: Spark-a-doodle
Lif
Dolly Pardon

Postby Indigo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Your doll family is so adorable!
Live to Play, Play to Live!
Indigo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby FacelessPuppets » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:59 am

Yay, a collection update!

And whoa, my family has grown a lot! Mostly resins, but also some MHs. This time I even included the Mini Baby Born that got me started on doll collecting in the first place, because I think she deserves it.

There is my bunch as it currently is. I have not named my new MHs (except for the Robecca that I just call Robecca), and the Moxie Teen was a recent gift from my boyfriend, and still doesn't have a name. If anyone has suggestions for names for them I'd be glad to hear them. I also have gotten myself Elva's brother Úlfur(finally!) and a couple of grailish elfdoll heads who have yet to receive proper faceups (Heh, pretty much all my dolls have yet to receive proper faceups), Imp and Couria.

From left to right:
Resins: Úlfur(only-doll QianDong), Imp (Elfdoll Amy), Couria's sleeping faceplate, Elva (only-doll HongXiu), Couria (Elfdoll Dami)

Plastic: Höskuldur (Hujoo Wings), Mína (Baby Born Miniworld), CAM Mermaid girl, Robecca Steam, Lilya (Hujoo baby Suve), Salvör (Hujoo baby Is), Viggo (Hujoo Baby Ted), CAM Bee girl and Beinfrid (CAM skeleton), and I forget the name of the Moxie Teen but I'm sure she's recognizeable, and finally, Eygló (Hujoo Berry).
FacelessPuppets

Postby IzabethS » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 pm

I love your family!
IzabethS
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby FacelessPuppets » Wed May 29, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks guys :) I didn't expect such warm receivings to my dolls, and it makes me happy!

Okay, so Imma make some actual sanctuaries, starting with my Hujoos. (With bonus LPS!)

We'll start with my first ball jointed one, Eygló (A Hujoo Berry)

We've had a lot of beginner adventures together, a LOT of awful faceups (they're still not decent, but I'm trying), I basically made all my mistakes on her. But, she's doing pretty well, nonetheless. She likes to investigate and experiment with things, taking them apart and putting them together. She sometimes makes new things, too. She almost always has dirt somewhere on her face, but that's just how she is. Don't be fooled by her pretty face and freakishly long eyelashes, she's a handful.

Second one, Höskuldur. (A Hujoo Wings)

Intended only to be Eygló's boyfriend at first, he soon developed his own quiet personality. He loves death metal, and ambient rock. He mostly just watches things, and contemplates them. Kind of taking them apart in his head, like Eygló takes them apart in real life. So, he's less of a handful. Like her, his biggest obsession is gaining knowledge from everything, but he's less "hands on" about it, and more "let's just sit and watch". Only drawback is that when he's deep in thought he sometimes forgets he's a part of the world, and sometimes when people address him he's like: "Wait... Oh yeah, I exist."

And I didn't get separate photos of my Babies because the camera is a jerk and I don't know how to work it, so here they are all in one jumble: Viggo, Salvör and Lilja.

Viggo (Hujoo Baby Ted, Chocolate) (left):
I don't know much about him as he's been very quiet about himself, but apparently he likes pudding desserts a lot. He also likes to make a lot of kind spirited jokes.

Salvör (Hujoo Baby Is) (middle):
Nobody knows what she thinks, but people would be wise to fear her wrath. They would also be wise to listen to her as she usually knows what she's talking about despite her young age, especially with things nobody seems to understand.

Lilja (Hujoo Baby Suve) (right):
She's Höskuldur's little sister, and adventurous like crazy. When somebody goes on a pocket adventure, it's usually her. She can't be idle, constantly needs to be doing something. If left alone, she'll find herself something elaborate to do, and it's usually Höskuldur who has to make sure she stays out of danger.

Conclusion: Höskuldur constantly has to keep both his sister and girlfriend out of trouble, which cuts down his musings a little. Salvör keeps going on about an apocalypse that will be postponed 'till the next apocalypse. Viggo just enjoys his pudding.
FacelessPuppets

Postby FacelessPuppets » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:02 pm

As my collection has grown quite a freaking lot, I want to revisit this topic and do it properly this time.

Puny Pilot

Not much is known about the mysterious traveler known as the Puny Pilot. She zooms across the different worlds at an unhuman speed on her yellow biplane, seemingly for no reason. One day she'll be in front row seat at the presentation of a great scientific discovery on the other end of the Galaxy, the other she'll be at an unknown ice cream shop in Finland eating a lemon sorbet. She has no definite purpose, except for living her life to the fullest.

Pilot is an Elfdoll Amy on an Angel of Dream body.

Queen Avona
The somber ruler of Planet Askavare, Queen Avona's story started at 8, when her name was still Princess Amanda. Playing too close to the mythical river of Avonitha, a big stream of water that is said to be a terrority of the Faeona, she fell into it and was submerged in the current. The entire kingdom started looking for her, with no success. It wasn't until nightfall when young Amanda, previously thought to have drowned, walked up to the castle, dripping wet, and called for her mother. The now former Queen asked her where she had been, young Amanda replied that she had been swimming in river Avonitha with her friends. She answered no further questions, but went to her chambers and started drawing figures that had previously been unseen by the human eye. The entire castle started talking, and soon young Amanda was so frequently called Avona, after the river she had fallen in, that it eventually replaced her given name. When she grew up to be Queen, she took no husband, but ruled her kingdom not only with constant care and reinforcement, but with fluid flexibility as well, much like the river she once fell in. Her "friends" remain a distant memory, but their impact will always be there.

Queen Avona is a Doll Leaves Lilith.

Haldis
As the position of a Queen is desired by many, not all of a honorable mindset, the Queen herself needs protection. After a near failure by the queen's guards, she ordered a gargoyle to be made to "stave off unfriendly spirits", as she put it. When she was alone with the personified stone, she performed a ritual that had never been seen before to give the gargoyle life. That is how Haldis, Queen Avona's Daughter/Assassin Body Guard was born. She is a rather sweet girl, she likes rabbits and strawberries, and she's inhumanly strong and swift, blends into the shadows perfectly to stalk people who mean to do harm and finishes them off in the dark of the night with no one to see... then goes home to have tea with her mother.

Haldis is a Doll Family H Zhi Yan in Grey Skin.

--
There's more to come, I'm sorry to bump this awkward thread but I didn't feel comfortable making a new one.

Love, Socky.
FacelessPuppets

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries