Go to footer

The Marshling Hollow

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

The Marshling Hollow

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Never used that name before, but... their world needs some kind of name, so why not a cute one?

I'm working on the boys' little apartment... there's not much of it right now, but they've got a nice little sofa. The apartment itself is just an old coffee table in the corner of my room, and it will expand when I get the place organized (right now there's a file box taking up half their space).

BILLY is in the dinosaur costume (he has not taken it off since, like, two Hallowe'ens ago, when my sister made it for me as a birthday present-- the only change is that sometimes he wears the wings that transform it into a dragon costume and sometimes he doesn't). He's got a short red wig somewhere, and I have yet to buy him proper eyes...

PETE is in the middle there, those are his proper eyes. Let me grab a picture where he's wearing his wig and pants...

There he is enjoying some natural light on the craft table.

Pete and Billy are a unit of sorts... kind of an undefined (undefinable?) family unto themselves. At the moment they share Vince's space, since they're in scale with him.

VINCE... Vince is my first. Vince is my baby. Character-wise, Vince is aware that he's a doll and he likes it that way-- he just wants to be photographed and cuddled and dressed up and spoiled, and enjoys having no responsibilities in life outside of being pretty and getting all the toys. Even though my other dolls are characters from completely different worlds, he assumes that every new doll I buy is a new relative for him to play with, and attempts to interact with them as though they are also self-aware toys. Everything is a toy or an accessory as far as Vince is concerned.

Vince also comes out in public the most often...

His default eyes that he came with were so beautiful that he just keeps them, and he has a few wigs-- the shoulder-length brown wig is his main, the short brown wig is his second 'usual'-- guess he's a 'natural' brunet! But he's also got a blue fur wig and a black one with pink streaks, because he likes to dress up in any wigs that aren't someone else's default...

The furniture I have is mostly Vince's-- at least, the 1/4 scale stuff-- and in addition to the little wicker sofa, he's got a laundry hamper and some storage tubs (well, Pete took possession of the clear pink storage tubs, and might steal the hamper, if/when he and Billy 'move out' of Vince's 'apartment'.

The last resident of the resin boys' little studio apartment is... semi-visible in that group shot, under Pete's elbow. That's Moz:

Moz (short for Maurice) ain't got no body... Anyway, he was the event head who came to me with Vince, and I used him for fantasy face-up practice. In this picture, he's 'wearing' a pair of eyes I borrowed from my sister. He'll eventually embody the child self of a character I've done a lot of writing about, since I want to eventually get him as a big guy so he'll look like himself. But when I opened Vince and pulled out this little head, it had Moz' attitude.

For now it's... the severed head version of him, I guess. He'll be that way for a while, because getting him a body is a low priority to me-- he's borrowed Vince's before, though. He does have his proper eyes now, though, so that's progress.
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Re: The Marshling Hollow

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 am

Next up: The Cat Spies!

The Hujoo crew doesn't have it's own space yet, so they'll probably be crowding the resin guys for a while, hiding amongst the Monsters... just sneaking around like the little sneaks they are. They have a chair and some accessories that are theirs, and the girls have an outfit, and I recently bought all the acrylics I'd need to get their faces done as soon as time and weather and craft table space all allow at once! (EVERYONE needs either a new faceup or a first one right now...)

Marie is the first of my cat spies... she likes fancy things, naps, being spoiled... very much an 'indoor cat'. Still, she takes a lot of pride in her work, sneaking around, 'overhearing' things, and disappearing into the shadows when all is said and done. She's never met a door that wouldn't open for her one way or the other, and if she ever finds one, then she'll use the window, like any self-respecting cat spy.

Alice, seen here stealing Vince's wig, is not a spy at all, in fact, and is in many ways Marie's opposite. She likes to get her paws dirty, stalking and hunting prey and living outdoors. (she's a little pissy with me right now because I've got her dressed all in pink-- the closest thing to cute or fancy that she ever wants is her croc necklace, but I keep putting her in tutus and faux fur wraps and such... neither of my girls is the pink type, actually.)

Despite being polar opposites, and not beginning warmly, Marie and Alice have formed something of a pair bond, and can often be found climbing or leaning or sprawling over each other, hiding in my purse together, or getting into trouble-- and jewelry boxes (even if Marie is the only one who wants to play with the sparklies).

(A note on eyes: Theirs don't match because I wanted to try out two different styles to see what I liked best-- I like the blue eyes for them, so as much as I dig the cat style, I'll probably replace them with another more human-esque pair for Marie. And Alice is only "temporarily deaf"-- she'll be getting brown stripey patches.)

AND... The two new additions to the Cat Spy ring!

(technically not two additions to the same ring... Jean would be Marie's coworker, Luc would be an enemy agent... sort of)

Jean and Luc don't even have eyes yet... Anyway.

Jean is the light grey Freyr. He's sensitive... an artistic, romantic type. He's also young, somewhat newer to the spy game, but he's quiet, and tends to gather a lot of information just from 'disappearing' in plain sight and letting people talk around him. He also has a photographic memory, when it comes to information he's seen. His specialty is definitely in intelligence.

Luc is the white Freyr. He's the 'louder' version of Jean in some ways-- he is not just 'a romantic', but an OPERATIC romantic, who lives for grand gestures, for secret messages and duels and huge emotions. He and Jean discovered quite quickly that they had more in common than they had to divide them, and he became a fierce defender to his 'enemy', as well as a cuddler of almost pathologically dependent levels.

Marie and Jean will probably come to an arrangement when it comes to that... an agreement to not go telling stories on each other for dating outside their own ranks. And Jean and Luc will eventually have to appreciate having Alice, the lone non-spy, among their ranks... But for now, the two pairs haven't interacted much between them. Once they have their own home set up, it will be easier. Until then, they'll just keep getting into the other dolls' spaces.
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Postby mica » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Cats make good spies!
Love your family :)
Kerryth- Delilah Noir Dark and Defiant
Anakin- Goodreau Schemer
Robin- Impdoll Bobo
Willow- Hujoo Suve........Bran- Hujoo Suve
Atrus- Domuya Venturo......Miriana- Delf EL
Riven- Dollzone Yuu
mica
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Thank you! And they sure do... I'm always seeing the real cats around here sneaking around and doing spy stuff...
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:03 am

Hujoo cat update:

Here are Jean and Luc with their eyes. (they've had them a while and I've just been terrible not updating...)

(the cats still don't have a 'home' shelf/space, either... they just go everywhere)

But... there's an even newer addition to the kitty ranks!

Meet Ceecee/CC/C.-C.-for-Cute-Cat. Not a spy, not the offspring of any combination of older Freya/rs... just a little adorable ball of curiosity and mischief with no set gender. Ceec's favorite color is purple and s/he loves to climb on/in things and that's about all there is to it. Actually, this little one DOES have some furnishings-- a tiny bit of 'floor' and a 'fireplace', and a little pink chair.
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Indigo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 am

I love your little family!
Live to Play, Play to Live!
Indigo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Cats got your wallet? ;)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AnnetheCatDetective » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:01 am

indigo Thank you!

Gift_in_Edge They absolutely do. But then, I've always been a sucker for anything feline... as our living kitties will tell you.

(this one likes to steal cooked carrots out of my soup bowl sometimes, when he isn't cuddling up with my toys...)
AnnetheCatDetective
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries