Go to footer

New person, new collection

Show us your dollieh household and tell us their bios. (formerly Figure Biographies)

New person, new collection

Postby HoshiChiri » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new around here, and this seemed like a good place for a first post. As of right now, my group is small and consists entirely of 1/6 Obitsus... I'm hoping to get a better handle on faceups and such before getting a pricier doll (assuming I do- I like these lil' ones a lot!)

Anyway, please let me introduce my girls:

In the front row, we have the 11cm bitty trio. The redhead is Mika. She's my first doll at about a year and a half old. I bought her at the Sakura Con 2012 obitsu booth in a shrine maiden outfit. Shrine Maiden=Miko=Mika. She's a bit of a tomboy and tends to go barefoot whenever possible.

The blond is Filo. She was purchased from an Ebay seller in Greece by my fiancé as a Valetine's gift this year. After doing some searching online, I discovered her Grecian owner got her from another person, who bought her at the same Con booth Mika was from- small world! Her name is a variant on 'Phyllo', Grecian for leaf... referencing the leaves on her dress, which she came in. (her original name was Lemonhime.) She's a shy girl with a love for girly things and higher culture.

The brunette is Lia, and the first doll I did myself (using eye decals and watercolor pencil.) Lia is short for Liadain, an Irish name meaning 'grey lady'. She got that because I messed up her left eye decal and scraped off a bit of black... which I tried to fix with black paint... which smudged. Thankfully, the resulting grey spots don't really show in photos. Lia is a bit of a nerd, and enjoys Dr. Who.

In the back row, the black haired girl is Madison, a 23cm who started off on the body Lia has now. She was purchased off ebay from a seller in Madison, Wisconsin (hence the name.) She's sort of a down-home tomboy, who loves wearing denim. She also seems to be my most popular girl- I've had people ask me if she's for sale, which hasn't come up with anyone else!

The 27cm is my newest girl, Piper. She is my second attempt at eye decals/faceup, and actually came out really well. So well, in fact, I had no notable trials or traits to get a name from! After 2 days of debate, my sister announced her name was Piper... and I liked that, so I went with it. She is an alternative, hipster kind of girl... the sort who'd complain about a store not having enough vegan options (whether or not she is vegan!)

Finally, the 21cm pink haired girl came from the same Grecian Filo did. She was Misa at the time, but I wanted to change it to keep from being too similar to Mika and Lia. I pulled from my anime fandom and dubbed her Amane, referencing Death Note. She is the fashionista of the group, which gives me a great chance to experiment with clothes the other girls would never wear!

So, that's my group... I look forward to chatting with you all!
HoshiChiri
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: New person, new collection

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Welcome, and I love seeing all those darling Obitsu girls! :D
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Evelien » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 am

They are so cute! Welcome! ^^
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby famedglory » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:27 am

Welcome! Your girls are all darling! I look forward to seeing more of them.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Faydreams » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 am

I love your group! They are all such cute dolls.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby fairydustdreams » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Your dolls are adorable! :D
fairydustdreams
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Welcome! You have adorable dolls with great characters :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby yarwel » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:47 am

I think I saw your bitty-bitsus on deviant art. :)
I thought they were adorable then too. :D
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby HoshiChiri » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

yarwel wrote:I think I saw your bitty-bitsus on deviant art. :)
I thought they were adorable then too. :D

Thank you all! I look forward to checking out all your dolls too!

And yes, we're fairly active on deivantart... I'll get a link up later, but it's the same user name as here (HoshiChiri)... in case anyone's curious. :D
HoshiChiri
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Mebbil » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 pm

AWWW! they're so cute!
I'll definitely have to check out your DA page =^w^=
I got a flickr account and I barely know how to use it. >w<
Mebbil
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Sanctuaries