Go to footer

The Legend of Face-ups

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

The Legend of Face-ups

Postby Pandor » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:45 am

Hey everybody, been a while! Finally having a lull in the whole anxiety/depression/anxiety thing so I figured I'd share some "new" stuff while I still feel good. :)

Last summer I went on a small face-upping binge. These have all been uploaded on my flickr account for a while now, so apologies if you've already seen them.

Ilia, my Bobobie Ophelia. She's a third or fourth-hand doll that I love to pieces, especially after I finished her face! I'm pretty proud of this face-up, it's got character while still looking soft and natural. :)

My BBB Weylin, Link. He was my first *big* doll, we've had our ups and downs together, but this face-up is definitely a big "up." ^-^

Marle, a floating FantasyDoll Nina head. I'm pretty happy with this face-up for now, though I'd like to do one with a little more character later. But first she needs her right hair, eyes and body. And those things take money. :P Also I'm really picky about getting her the right body--I want chubby, but there's no SD bodies fat enough out there, yet. So I wait.

Zelda, my DF-A Ziluo/Impldoll Star hybrid. I love this face-up, but it doesn't photograph well. And she needs smaller, better eyes--these Dollmore eyes just don't work for her. :-/

Magus, my Mirodoll Thunder. Pretty happy with this face-up for now, but might redo it someday. Fantasy colored eyebrows are hard to get looking right on big dolls... Other things he demands: Longer, double jointed legs; clothes that aren't hand-me-downs. :P

Ghaleon, my DZ Wing-1/Fdoll hybrid.
Ah, Ghaleon.
Ghaleon, Ghaleon, Ghaleon.
I can never seem to get your eyebrows right.
Sigh.
Maybe 3rd time will be the charm, but I'm not ready to wipe this one just yet.

Here's one I have already wiped, my Hujoo/Fallindoll Rose. Who still needs a name. :|
I had a new face-up for her partially started, but I had to let it sit for 2 months while I did my final push to finish my MFA thesis addendum (which I got turned in on time! YASSSSS.)
And when I finally returned to it I decided I was going too heavy with the blush, plus it turned out I hadn't sealed the last layer of blushing before I left her to sit (ARGH) so yeah. Dusty, even though I covered her, so I gotta wipe and re-do.
Actually, her and 5 other heads.
I know.
ARGH times infinity.
=_=

My floating Impldoll Jimmy head, Test. This is another face-up I've already wiped. I was in a Studio Killers mood. Right now Test is wallowing on my desk waiting to be modded... For that is the fate of Test.

Finally my Dikadoll XueHua, Rau. This isn't a new face-up, I just wanted to get a photo of this before I wiped him. I fiiiinally got him a body, which is hella yellow (it was $100, skintone mismatches don't matter when the deal is that good) so I need to blush his head to match, at least under his chin to smooth out the transition.

So that's all for now, I'll probably update this thread as I get to work on redoing the work I let go to dusty ruin two months ago... :P But yeah, I don't know how to end posts.

:?
*smoke bomb!*
------------------------------------------
Update 1:

ImageRau - Dikadoll XueHua by pandork, on Flickr

Second face-up for Rau! Happier with these eyebrows and lips, but wish I had been as liberal with the red around his eyes as I had been with the previous face-up. Hm, might add more and just re-gloss his lips after...

Also blushed him to match his very very yellow body. Yay!
Last edited by Pandor on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Face-ups Smace-ups or some better title

Postby maywong » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:13 pm

I like them. It seem I'm going through the same face up binge too. LOL
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:57 pm

If Magus doesn't want his clothes, I can think of dolls at my house that would totally wear them! The more I see of the Mirodoll Thunder, the better I like him.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby MitisFeles » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:58 am

So many natural, pretty face-ups! And I love to see so much "uncommon" sculpts *_* So far, Ghaleon and Zelda are my favourite (and Magus, because I'm a Chrono Trigger fangirl XD)
MitisFeles
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks everyone! :)

maywong: There's just something about late spring/early summer that gets those creative juice flowing again! :lol:

zirconmermaid: Ack! Don't let him hear that! He's likely to mail off his clothes to you and stage a nude strike until I give in to his very specific clothing demands. :lol:
(Btw, completely different topic, but I kind of half-remember seeing you post a photo in another thread of a plus-size/chubby bjd--I can't remember who made her or what she was called or what scale she was in, or even if it was you who posted the photo... I think there was a link to the sculptor's facebook? Search engines aren't giving me any results, would you happen to know the doll I'm thinking of? If not, never mind. :oops: )

MitisFeles: Woo, another Chrono Trigger fan! :D Thanks! Hopefully someday I'll get around to making Magus look more like Magus, but first I have to figure out how to make a good widow's peak wig. ^-^
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:44 am

~likes~
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby michellebebe » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:20 pm

I love the way you paint eyebrows, especially I love Ilia's eyebrows.
Dolls I own: Edwina (Ds-grown up Amara), Hieronym (Ds-Xixi), Dawei (MH-Draculaura)
Waiting, planning: Lawrence (Ios-Mezz/)
michellebebe
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Pandor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:00 pm

DollyKim: ~likes your like~ ;)

michellebebe: Thank you! :)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:00 pm

(moved to first post)
Last edited by Pandor on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Re: The Legend of Face-ups

Postby britbrat18 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:46 pm

I totally just clicked on this hoping for something from The Legend of Zelda, and i was not disappointed! I love your LInk, and your Zelda's face-up is stunning! Is she based on the Twilight Princess version? All your other face-ups are beautiful as well. :)
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations