Go to footer

face up attempt, added another 20.9.

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

face up attempt, added another 20.9.

Postby michellebebe » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:24 am

Hello,
I did face up :) . I am interested what you people think.

I will be re-doing her face up and it would be great if you could tell me what could I change to do better face up.
She is my practice head and I will be practicing untill I will have skills to do face up for my another girl.
This bodyless girl is Impldoll Gia, but I am calling her Suzie (do not know if it is normal to give names to practice heads, but I have to call her somehow :lol: ).
Last edited by michellebebe on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dolls I own: Edwina (Ds-grown up Amara), Hieronym (Ds-Xixi), Dawei (MH-Draculaura)
Waiting, planning: Lawrence (Ios-Mezz/)
michellebebe
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: face up attempt

Postby OkamiKodomo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:20 am

What a lovely girl! I don't think it strange at all to give her a name. As for the very pretty face-up, I dont think there is much you need to "change". The blushing is smooth and even, and natural-looking. The only two things I would suggest would be to move the painted eyelid crease and eyebrows a little lower, and maybe make the contour between her lips not quite so dark. Otherwise, I think this a very beautiful face-up and you have the makings of a fantastic face-up artist. It's tons better than my early face-ups.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby she_flame » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:26 am

You seem to know basics pretty well. There is some things I'd do differently, but these are artistic chises more than flaws on tehnique. Like the black eyeliner (I'd use either less of it, or some brown/blue shade) or shapes of lips/eyebrows.

One thing you might really think doing otherwise is density of lower lashes. To my eyes they look now more like one mass of hair than lashes. This might be result of size of the picture, but yeah. So, you might try to give some variation to lashes, like try to get them thin towared the end. Using liquid paints (acryls, watercolors maybe?) and really fine brush might be good idea.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby michellebebe » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 am

Thank you for comments. Yes, now I realized that I painted her eyebrows and eyelid creases too high, when you two pointed it out. And now when I was cleaning her face I aslo realized that it was bad idea using dark paint between her lips :lol: . And drawing/painting eyelashes is the most challenging part of faceup process, in my opinion. Thank you, thank you for help :)
Dolls I own: Edwina (Ds-grown up Amara), Hieronym (Ds-Xixi), Dawei (MH-Draculaura)
michellebebe
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby michellebebe » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:15 pm

I did another face up. For some unknown reason I like eyebrows that are higher. But another time I should put them lower. Bud it is possible that another time my hand will slip again :lol: .
Today I started practicing painting eyelashes on paper and also on her head cap.
And now Suzie has also eyes. Only acrylic, but I ordered her glass eyes. We will see which one will fit better.
michellebebe
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: face up attempt, added another

Postby michellebebe » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:08 am

I did another face up.

michellebebe
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: face up attempt, added another 20.9.

Postby she_flame » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 pm

I like the newest one. It's clearly stylished - which is really nice. I would have done fuller lips, but now with thinner ones you have kind of geisha vibes. ^^

Also, you really seem to like high eyebrows, and lid-creases. With this face up you have succeeded to make them fit really well in the whole face up.

So, all in all, well done!
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations