Go to footer

Oh look, Mebbil did some faceups

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Oh look, Mebbil did some faceups

Postby Mebbil » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Three is the most amount of dolls I have had sitting at my place waiting for faceups. It took longer than I would have liked because as soon as I had all the things I needed it rained. :lol:

The 1/6 ones didn't sit well with me so I ended up wiping them for a redo.
Its a good thing I did since the water color pencil I used for lips somehow was starting to stain the vinly.
Not sure HOW that happened when I sealed them first. :shock:
So next faceup for them I'm using a paint on sealer for the base coat to make sure its everywhere.

I liked the eyebrows but the lips is what was bugging me on them.
Before
After

Whats with that derp face? Close your mouth *facepalm*
Before
After

Dirk's faceup I kept though since I'm really happy with it.
Profile~
Last edited by Mebbil on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got a flickr account and I barely know how to use it. >w<
Mebbil
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Oh look, Mebbil did some faceups

Postby MitisFeles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:26 am

I love how Dirk's face-up is simple but expressive, and his overall look.
I had a doll lips stained by red acrilyc even if there was sealant, so it seems to be a common misfortune! Now, lacking a decent paint on sealer, I always spray two or three layers, even if it's boring.
MitisFeles
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Mebbil » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:03 pm

MitisFeles wrote:I love how Dirk's face-up is simple but expressive, and his overall look.
I had a doll lips stained by red acrilyc even if there was sealant, so it seems to be a common misfortune! Now, lacking a decent paint on sealer, I always spray two or three layers, even if it's boring.

Thank you, even with all the faceups done now, Dirk's is still my favorite. :mrgreen:

Yeah the only thing I can think of is I didn't seal it well enough.
I never thought watercolors would stain! I'm not using those watercolor pencils anymore they are grounded!
I got a flickr account and I barely know how to use it. >w<
Mebbil
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Some pigments stain more than others, regardless of the medium! It surprised me the first time I realised it (which was trying to clean a plastic palette - I thought they'd all just rinse straight off :roll: )

Here's a list of staining pigments - your colours may or may not be named after the pigment. It's aimed at painters, but the comments at the top of that section mention that some will even stain plastic palettes and other non-porous surfaces.

Actually, for anyone who does paint, or likes going down those sort of rabbit holes, the whole watercolour section is pretty interesting reading, even if it hasn't been updated for 5 years now.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations