Go to footer

Charlotte - Custom Novi Stars

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Charlotte - Custom Novi Stars

Postby voodoolie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Am waiting on more supplies to finish up my previous custom, but I saw this little cutie going unloved in the bottom of my girls' toybox. Had to show her some love.

She looks much prettier in person. My cell phone tends to blur and wash out photos. She has more lash detail on the bottom and her blush is more vibrant.

I intend to get her some orange glass eyes (had to open her noggin' up and cut out the vinyl wall holding her factory acrylics in so they'll fit) and a purple wig. So if anybody has suggestion on the best places to round those babies up for cheap, I'd appreciate it.

I also sanded her body - minus the arms as they're rubbery - and slightly blushed it. Mostly her knees... I dunno why but I associate cuteness with rosey knees.

I'm pretty happy with her. She's my second custom. You can see more pics on my blog linked in my sig.
"You", he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain."
voodoolie
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Charlotte - Custom Novi Stars

Postby Linsilee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Oh she is so adorable. I love what you have done with her. I really like her eyes. I have one that is blue with white hair. Forgot her name, but haven't done any customizing on her except put her on a clear Obitsu body.
Linsilee
Dolly Pardon

Postby voodoolie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:21 pm

She was the one with black hair with green streaks.

Only she was in far worse condition before I got hold of her.
"You", he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain."
voodoolie
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Samseramsamsam » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:39 am

She is adorable! Do you plan on rerooting, or using a wig, or going for bald alien chic? ;)
How did you close the head again? Glued shut, or left to open again?
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby voodoolie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:25 am

Heh I thought about rerooting but I can barely style my own hair so I can't be trusted with dolly hair. I'm thinking a deep purple lamb fur wig I found on etsy. I adore those wigs. I'm also gonna give her some orange glass eyes. I hate acrylics and the ones she came with are a bit scratched up as she was in the hands of a toddler.

As for closing her head, I only cut a flap into her head so it lays pretty flat on its own. It'll be covered by a wig. Doesn't bother me for it to stay open.
voodoolie
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Samseramsamsam » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:09 am

Gah ever since I saw pictures of a Novi Stars doll on a Picco Neemo body, I am really tempted... (I would pick some pink alien, though, because I am too lazy to paint the whole body to match the head ;) http://www.deviantart.com/art/Novi-Star ... -366613716)

Do you by any chance know which of these Novi Stars dolls is rather "pink-ish" (close to a natural skin tone)? ;)
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby voodoolie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:30 am

Hmm... almost all Novi girls are sort of funky pastel colors. You'd definitely have to paint the head to match. The girl in this post may be a decent candidate for painting, as once I got the iridescent pearl paint off her face, she was basically white.

We also have this one in our house, and though she looks purple-ish in the photos, in person she actually is covered in a paint. Once removed, she'll actually be a baby pink it seems.

I also found this little chick.

voodoolie
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Love this stuff! And I love your blog too ^.^
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby voodoolie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Aw thanks :)
voodoolie
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Astrawberryprincess » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 pm

I never really liked novi stars but this one's adorable. You did a wonderful job.
asweetstrawberryprincess.tumblr.com
Astrawberryprincess
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations