Go to footer

Needing a bit of advice

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Needing a bit of advice

Postby Arkinlae » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:16 am

So first people must know I can be a bit unconventional in some things I want to try, so although there might be people who will immediately say to my suggestion 'That wont work' (which is the impression I got from this combination I'll usually try giving it a go anyway.

So some context I've been having to be a bit thrifty as of late so instead of the usual just buying an Obitsu I've decided to improvise.

So I have a Dal who I want to give a more mature looking body, however I like my Dal's height (otherwise she'd just be on Type 3). I also have a Type 3 I broke the leg of whilst trying out the posing (doesnt matter as Pullip was moving to Obitsu anyway) and I figured out that Type 3 torsos have the same system that Dal ones do. So of course now my solution is to put the Type 3 torso on to the Dals legs.

However my problem comes down to the arms. I don't know whether I'd be better leaving the original arms in and her having very long arms (despite my teacher in art college telling me that peoples arms are down to their thighs anyway) or keep the original Dal arms (which I like better for their wrist swivel) and try and mod the bejesus out of the torso.

What do people think?

Last edited by Arkinlae on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Needing a bit of advice

Postby DollyKim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:27 am

BRB seeing what I can do for a different body types post on my blog. I've been drawing people possibly longer than you've been alive and dealt with my share of art teachers. If you want any old fashioned art advice feel free to ask here on the board, there are quite a few artists here.

Doll wise bite the bullet and buy the Obitsu, you will not be disappointed. If you want a more realistic sculpt you want the Art S Buck model which is used by Sideshow figures. I've also gotten great poses out of a super articulated Spider-Man action figure.

What kind of art stuff do you need a human model for?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Arkinlae » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 am

It's not for art at all. I just wanted to avoid my girl looking a bit odd due to her anatomy potentially looking off like having arms as long as her legs or something. I'll just have to let the long neck slide so dont want anything else to look bad

I may well end uo with the Obitsu eventually, but at the moment I don't have funds to do so I got this idea from a Requiem Art tutorial and I've found having to be thrifty has made me braver/more creative in terms of doll mods so I'm enjoying doing it like this :D

Took her with the head on
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:33 am

Okey dokey I've been in no doll money land so I understand. The longer arms balance the long legs.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby hyssop » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:12 am

The longer arms definitely look better- the short ones throw her out of proportion a bit. I love to see Dals on here! She's cute!
Hero (Ai Leptospermum), Hild (Ai English Ivy), and Hana (Ai Leonotis); Afanen (Lammily); Nimue (Dal Gloomy Bear)
hyssop
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations