Go to footer

Fawn antlers ^-^

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Fawn antlers ^-^

Postby bombaykitty » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:24 pm

I have a doll coming in and he's going to be a little fawn. Instead of buying the antlers, I wanted to try my hand at making them myself, so I did a trial run last week.

I managed to get some LaDoll air dry clay. I was a bit apprehensive since I had only worked with polymer clay before (years and years and years ago), so I didn't know quite what to expect for this type of clay. It wasn't too bad, although it feels a lot more fragile after drying than polymer clay.

I used my own eye shadow to "paint" it, and then I used clear nail polish to gloss at the end xD Next time I'll have to get some proper tools (and magnets too, I didn't have any magnets this time so I glued the antlers to a piece of ribbon).

Do they look OK?

Pine doing the modelling for me <3

For the mess I was expecting since it was my first attempt, I'm really just grateful that a) they actually resemble antlers and b) they stay on his head xD
♥ My Facebook
♥ Pine's Facebook
♥ Hisui's Facebook
Deviantart

bombaykitty
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Fawn antlers ^-^

Postby Shyla » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:19 am

I think they look really good. With the right hair, you could hide the ribbon, and wouldn't even need magnets.
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Faydreams » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:21 am

These are so cute.

She's a deer-faun. I'm working on a 1/6th scale goat-faun. Isn't it interesting how the same think can go two completely different ways?
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby bombaykitty » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Shyla wrote:I think they look really good. With the right hair, you could hide the ribbon, and wouldn't even need magnets.

Thank you!

Faydreams wrote:These are so cute.

She's a deer-faun. I'm working on a 1/6th scale goat-faun. Isn't it interesting how the same think can go two completely different ways?

Thanks! :D I like putting random animal-parts on the boy (Pine's a boy, haha, he's gender fluid). It seems to up the cute level a few notches ^O^
♥ My Facebook
♥ Pine's Facebook
♥ Hisui's Facebook
Deviantart

bombaykitty
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations