Go to footer

Neighthan Rot Repaint: WiP Updated 3/23

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Neighthan Rot Repaint: WiP Updated 3/23

Postby Kadyssa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:30 pm

He's been 'dyed' with automotive vinyl paint and rooted with (way too much) saran, now I'm getting brave enough to paint him.

I loved the sculpting on Neighthan Rot's face as soon as I saw him, he was so unique looking. His clown-like primary triad color scheme was killing me, though, and I knew he needed a new identity. I stripped off his clothes, threw them away, wiped him blank of face and hair, then painted his head, body, hat & shoes with vinyl spray. A friend talked me into keeping his horn just in time to save it from my wire clippers. It's gonna be gold. :roll:

He looks good tanned!

Nandi is the name of this guy, and his new story is that he's horribly burned. His personality is based closely off of Sanjay from the 3DS game Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and his clothing and hair will likely resemble him slightly as well. I was going to root him with white hair, too, but was talked out of that by the same friend who saved his horn.

Blue & Black hair looks good on him, but he has so much of it that he has issues standing...

Today I started painting... I've been watering down my acrylics with flow improver and drying retarder so that I can treat them sort of like watercolors. I'm good at drawing people, but I've never been great with textures. Not too proud of day one, but I ran out of daylight to paint by, so I'll go back to him in the morning.

I used his lower left leg as my 'warmup' area, it's so much messier than his face!

Any tips/suggestions on how to proceed with painting him?

Edit 3/22/2016

Sun finally came out and I wasn't at work, so I painted. I'm not 100% sure about the burns yet, but I'm going for a bit of a Two-Face from Batman feel. The reference I'm using for his burnt eye is a chemical burn...

Edit 3/23/2016

There was barely enough sun to paint by, but I did it. He's got eyebrows and a pupil! I need to gloss his eyes, horn and shiny gold nails, cut his hair, then make him a tail...
Kadyssa
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations