Go to footer

Faceup time! (several large pics)

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Faceup time! (several large pics)

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:21 pm

So... I'll start by saying that I had a LOT of anxiety about doing faceups. I've been made fun of in the past about my faceups and it really turned me off to the dolly world. In fact, the two dolls that I re-faceupped today were the two that were posted on a website that made fun of dolls. It was called something like "BJD torture" or something dramatic like that.

Anyway, with Willow's sister coming either tomorrow or the next day, she needed a new look!

This was Willow's before:
See all the white stuff around her eyes, lips, and nose... that took over 6 hours to remove. Ugh. This was definitely a project.

Here was my photoshopped faceup:

And here is the end result!
Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Definitely better than before but still plenty of areas where I need to improve. At least the sealer didn't leave her face all white and cloudy.

On to the next! This is Azazel's before:

And his new faceup:

I think it just looks really sloppy... I didn't really have a plan for him so it just kind of ended up looking crappy. Maybe one day I'll do it again when I actually know what I want for him. I was going to have him have gray-ish eyebrows but then I learned that I didn't have a gray pencil, or pastels. :roll:

Thanks for looking. :D Every time I do a faceup, I learn something new. One day I'll get it! :lol:
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations