Go to footer

Homemade Eyes

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Homemade Eyes

Postby Nimarkiva » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:38 pm

So, I was going to get eyes for my newest boy Hans, who is a Hujoo Arthur. However, that fell through unfortunately. Leaving this huge-eyed cutie without eyes.

I'm a mixed-media artist, why couldn't I come up with a way to make a pair of my own? And then it hit me. I could, using large beads, wire, paint, and a glossy sealant.

Here they are, my homemade eyes for my little troll boy. They look really good in his head- I'm posting pics of him soon, I'm going to get some eye putty later tonight to hold the eyes in so I can get some good photos.

The wire is carefully bent and wrapped so that all pokey/scratchy ends are tucked in, and I didn't paint the whole eyeball because I wasn't sure if long-term putty would affect my sealant, so I painted and sealed what could be seen and left part for the putty. The wire didn't have to be pretty anyways, just something to hold on to while I painted that I could also use to move the eye positions later on.

I like how they catch the light- not so well in the photos here, I'm afraid, it's a dreary day out, but even with minimal natural light they have some shine to them.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Homemade Eyes

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:45 am

~super likes~ :)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:58 pm

I like them, they are a lovely shade of green!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Nimarkiva » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with these, and they look really great in Hans' head. They suit my little troll well. :)

I have some idea for how to make the circles a bit more perfect, but it's not noticeable in the doll's head.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations