Go to footer

3D printed Props

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Re: 3D printed Props

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 am

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing more.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby oniakki » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:58 pm

A chair! (well, most of one, ran out of white filament)
I printed it 'fast' so it has lots of rough spots and one of the legs has some warping where a corner lifted off the print bed, but i was mostly planning on using it for sizing anyway. It still took 38 hours to print so fast is relative.

First off is Allison (obistu 50):
ImageImageImage
Seems a bit large, but not too bad for my Obitsu 50s.

However, it's definitely too small for the 60cm girls:
Kanata:

DDdy:

I'm fairly happy, I'll probably try lengthening the legs some more, not sure on the width/depth yet though, my initial thought is that it should be narrower and... less deep, but I've been trying to sit in various chairs and so far it seems like a reasonable amount of space on the sides.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:59 am

If it's supposed to be a wooden chair being a bit rough might make it look more hand made.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby oniakki » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:33 pm

Well, I've been rather neglectful of this poor thread. So image spam time it is.

I think this one was posted elsewhere on the forums already, but putting it here too for completeness
The model comes from the game Lollipop Chainsaw, scaled to fit.

There's a reasonably long gap here due to life, and you may also notice that the next handful of props are all printed on resin printers rather then my extrusion printers. The detail is better but I'm limited on build volume, so both printer types have their place.

The girls recently demanded new weapons so these are a pair of AKs (an AK47 and AKM specifically) They both have removable clips, though the AK47's was technically still being printed when I got all these pictures.
the AKM is modelled by someone named Sky Ha over on MyMiniFactory (which is a model sharing/selling site for 3d printers) and the casing ejector actually opens, there's a spring inside to hold it closed.
The AK47 rebuilt from junk is from a game called Rust, don't recall exactly where it came from, probably thingiverse (another 3d model sharing site)

Then from the anime Gungrave is Cerberus Righthead and Lefthead. They're actually a touch too small, but they look big and imposing enough in the girls hands so I'm calling it good enough ('specially as that's the second printing of the dumb things, the first were way big)

And bringing me up to date is probably the most powerful weapon of them all.
A Violin. It's not yet strung as I want to get it all painted first. This is actually a set of model files for a working full sized violin that I merged into fewer pieces and scaled down to fit Smartdolls. As in I followed the proper measuring instructions for actual violins and made it that long. The tuning knobs actually turn and the tailpiece is loose until I get the wires and tail band connected.
Every time I look at this picture I'm amazed at how happy she seems to be to have the violin. ^.^
oniakki

Postby oniakki » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Well, quarantine has been nice for some things at least. Finally have a motorcycle for the girls to fight over.
oniakki

Postby maywong » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:43 am

I love that motorcycle and it's in my favorite color.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations