Go to footer

1/6 Scale - Death Note custom dolls

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

1/6 Scale - Death Note custom dolls

Postby Zeda » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Alright, so I am very much a forum newbie [this would only be my 3rd post XD], so I need to apologize in advance for my overzealousness! I've loved collecting and customizing 1/6 scale dolls for some time now, but since the Yahoo!Groups 1/6 scale Dollfie group dissolved way back when I haven't been given the opportunity to reconnect with other customizers in this size range beyond occasional run-ins at anime conventions.

So! I'd like to contribute to the board by sharing a couple of my latest custom dolls. I have a LONG way to go as far as learning how to do better 1/6 scale faceups for dolls, but seeing your work will definitely inspire me! ♥

If any of you know about the anime and manga series Death Note, you may recognize my dolls here as two characters from the second arc, Mello and Near.

I used a Volks Goh Guy body in natural skin and a natural skin 03 head from Obitsu with pre-rooted blonde hair for Mello. For Near, I used a Volks white skin EB C-boy body and an Obitsu 01 head in white. I later purchased a white wig from Mimiwoo and ended-up doing some horrific maneuvers on Near's head that involved removing the wig wefts and gluing them right onto his head to reduce the silly amount of volume that you see in this picture. XD He looks a lot better now, I assure you-!

Another picture of Mello that shows his face paint a bit better. I painted the facial scar so that it extends down his neck, over his shoulder and down his left arm as well, but alas, for his clothing covers it. XD; That's fine, though, he could stand to have a bit of a paint make-over.

Aaand a shot of the awesome Cy-girl hands that I bought for Mello, which fit BEAUTIFULLY and work an awful lot better for gripping tiny 1/6 scale guns and chocolate bars.

And this... isn't so much on-topic, I guess, but... XD My favourite part of doll customization lies in getting the perfect little odds and ends! So I wanted to share some of the perfect little bits that I hunted down for my boys.
Zeda
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: 1/6 Scale - Death Note custom dolls

Postby KitKat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm in love with your stuff!!!!

Where the heck did you get that little Gundam Figure that Near is holding?? I want one BAD!!!
KitKat
Dolly Pardon

Postby Zeda » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Thank you so much-! I have a lot of growing to do as an artist, but I'm happy that I can at least furnish my dolls with some cute swag! ♥

The Gundam figure is actually one of my FAVOURITE mini items, and I wish that I'd gotten an awful lot more! I got it out of a Gashapon machine in a small toy store in Akihabara, actually. They were little capsules with miniature gundam figurines inside, and they seemed like they'd be the PERFECT size for 1:6 scale dolls to have as toys! I haven't found a place to buy them online, but I bet that's just because I haven't looked hard enough.
Zeda
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:50 am

Awesome!! You did an amazing job! I would've known who they were even if I hadn't looked at the title and read what you said.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:32 am

Doll stuff is more than welcome here, if mine saw it they'd want it all.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:54 am

Your dolls and their stuff are really cool. The gloved hands are awesome! I think one of the reason's I love my 1/6 dolliehs so much is all the cool loot that is available for them.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Enthusiasm is welcomed....ENTHUSIASTICALLY hahahaha. As you can see we love to see pics of new dolls from new folks no matter how new they are! After all, if no one participates here then it would be an awefully dull forum :)

Great props for the dolliehs - prop hunting has to be one of the funnest/frustratingest parts of dollieh collecting no matter what size you have!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Glace Leau » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Hey, I've seen them before! When I was first getting into 1/6, I saw you on dA and asked where Mello's gloves came from. XD They still look great, and I envy your awesome 1/6 loot.
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby KatyaR » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 pm

I know only the smallest bit about Death Note (mostly scrapings from TV Tropes, heh) but am very impressed by the dolls themselves. Well done, and a slightly belated welcome!
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby claws » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Oh, awesome! I love how well you were able to portray their personalities...a million times better than what a toy company could have done. And those tiny handcuffs are so rad...please tell me they really work...?
XD
claws
Dolly Pardon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations