Go to footer

Raggedy Man, don't keep her waiting....

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Raggedy Man, don't keep her waiting....

Postby KatyaR » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 pm

A better painter could nail the likeness, I know. But it's close enough for now, until I can decide what to change.

It does work better with the hair styled closer to her face, though.

Now I just need an Eleven to go with her. May have to go the My Scene Ellis route if the sculptor I'm waiting on doesn't come through.

(yes, I know Amy's grey tights weren't sparkly. Just using what I can find until better shows up....)
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: Raggedy Man, don't keep her waiting....

Postby maywong » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:59 pm

What size and type of doll is this? She looks great.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:23 pm

She is cute!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Talie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:04 am

I'm sorry I don't know who she is meant to be. But her face up is amazing. So beautiful. Would love to know what type of doll she is also.
Talie
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:15 am

*faints* SHE LOOKS FANTASTIC. I was going to use a Barbie Basic Goddess with red hair + repaint to make my own miss Pond, but DAMN, that's EPIC.

But urm... is she on the Obitsu Slim body??? :lol:

Btw for a 11th Doctor sculpt, have you thought about using the current Ken face with a repaint?
I mean, it's not perfect but it has Matt Smith's Jawline and adorable nose. I've been meaning to track down that Groom Ken doll which has his hairstyle and do a proper repaint...

Anywho, EFFING EPIC.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby KatyaR » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Talie, here she is.

Thank you, all! :D

I do like that Ken. And there *is* a brunet with that face? Have to start looking for him. There's a sculptor who's been piffling around at making a Matt Smith head, but he disappeared from the SSC board a few months ago.

About Amy's body...well, yes and no. ^__^

Head= Rerooted Vitamin C
Hair: DollyHair Pumpkin Spice
Neck, torso, upper arms and upper legs= Ballerina Barbie

Arms, legs= yes, indeed, Obitsu Slim.
I wanted a neck that would fit the Barbie head and liked the waist/hip articulation of the Ballerina, but *really* wanted better knee and elbow posability, plus cut joints. Yay hacksaw! Had to fill the Barbie arm and leg openings with a bit of MagicSculp to give the Obitsu pieces a base.

The only thing I regret is trying those furshlugginer ZCGirl trainers. (BTW, none of the eBay sellers, especially manhohole, will mention that they're made for ball-and-peg feet like CYGirls.) Had to pop the Obitsu feet out, and drill the remaining pieces out to accept the footpegs. Bleah. Still, they look good, even if they mean I'll have to find a new pair of Obitsu boy-feet if I ever want to change Amy's footwear.
KatyaR

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:21 am

Ha! So I KNEW the Goddess head would be perfect for Amy... *want* Now to wait for the second wave of Barbie basics so I can grab that redhead goddess doll and make my own Amy...

The head only comes in brunette in this doll:

http://manbehindthedoll.com/thegroom_doll.htm

Anywhooooooo, you can't just tell me something as awesome as a barbie/obitsu body kitbash without PICTURES.

Btw, I'm amazed by the repaint. I never would've guess it was a barbie head and not a custom sculpted head...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:12 am

You did a great job, but she needs an 11 and Rory, so she will have her boys. :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby KatyaR » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:54 am

richila wrote:You did a great job, but she needs an 11 and Rory, so she will have her boys. :D

Yep, working on an Eleven.:) I haven't found a good base for Rory yet-but there's a basketload of boy dolls waiting in my stash, and I haven't been through them all yet.

Pictures I will indeed provide. :) But I must warn you, the cuts and joins aren't pretty.
As you see, the upper part of the Obitsu leg had to be trimmed down to fit. The Barbie upper leg was Dremeled partially out and then had some aluminum foil and Gorilla Glue stuffed firmly into it, so that the support piece from the Obitsu leg could rest against something.
Arms were a little easier- cut off the Barbie arm, pop the Obitsu arm out of its-socket? Post?, prepare a little Magic Sculp and press it into the dremeled-out Barbie arm piece, then dampen the Obitsu post a bit and press it into the Magic Sculp to create a socket. I ended up coating the Obitsu post with a touch of Gorilla glue, because I sanded it down a little and went too far. :roll: Then altering the foot to accept a ZCGirl foot peg just took a little trial and error.

That's pretty much it. If I ever try this again, I have a little better idea of what to do and not to do.

(I apologize for not removing the shirt for a clear look at the torso and upper arms-the neck post sustained a bit of damage as the original head was being removed, and though it's repaired I still hated to put more strain on it)
KatyaR

Postby Tira-chan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:59 am

Your Amy is really gorgeous, and I'm impressed by all the work you put into her body. My own plans are much more modest in scale.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations