Go to footer

Hazel's Scrapbook - Fine Art of Hazel by others

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Hazel's Scrapbook - Fine Art of Hazel by others

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Diamondclaw made me a lovely hand bound journal with walnut ink stained drawing paper. It's amazing, and I love it. But I'm not a good enough artist, and I was afraid to draw in it. So I brought it to the MCBA Comic Book Show and started Hazel's Scrapbook in it. I was able to get 4 different artists to do a portrait of Hazel! They are all people I really admire and respect. I plan to keep doing this too!

Here's the first four:

Mike Hoffman illustrates in a style like Frank Frazetta. I love how he's made Hazel look like the heroines from "Pelucidar" and "Conan". MIke Hoffman

Lee Blauersouth is a good friend, and former neighbor, and does a comic called "Godseeker". Check it out sometime! Godseeker

Meredith Dillman is an amazing Fairy artist. I have actually wanted her to do this for years, so this is a very special picture for me! Meredith Dillman

Becky Grutzik illustrates for a comic called Peeps, and other projects. She has a great sense of humor, and a very nice style. She doesn't have a website, but you can find her on facebook.

Sadly, even though there were many more amazing artists, I could only get four drawn for me yesterday. However, Hazel will be going to many more shows and conventions and bringing her Scrapbook along. I am looking forward to seeing what they do! I hope you are too.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Re: Hazel's Scrapbook - Fine Art of Hazel by others

Postby ivory stardust » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Those are really nice. I particularly like the 3rd one, with the 3rd one, with the little fairy sitting on her shoulder. Reminds me of the movies where there's an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. Except here, it's all angel. ^__^

(I think.... >.>)
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:46 pm

What an amazing idea!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby nashira » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 am

That's really really cool. For some reason I love the second one most. It's a nice style.
nashira
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations