Go to footer

Kismet Reboot (doll WIP)

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Kismet Reboot (doll WIP)

Postby Sorean » Mon May 30, 2011 12:02 pm

So, I started working on my first doll in 2006, but since he was "completed," he's been in a box in pieces on my desk. It was a really fun experience, but he was hopelessly amateur. I've done a lot more sculpting since then. Now that I feel some confidence in my sculpting abilities, I decided that I'd like to redo him. I'm using my original doll as the base, but making him look more polished.

Here's a "finished" picture of his original look. Very cute, but a lot of things about him bugged me.

So here's what he looks like right now. I'm making him new hands and feet from scratch and I've completely redone his face. A little harder to tell is that I've recontoured his limbs and fixed his joints.

I've got some kind of jinx that makes all my pictures of his head come out blurry (or maybe just shaky hands ;D) so this is the clearest one I've got. It's a little old (I was using him as elf ear practice), but that's basically how he looks currently.
Sorean
Dolly Pardon

Re: Kismet Reboot (doll WIP)

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon May 30, 2011 9:32 pm

I've completely forgot about Kismet. You posted pics of him on dA before. I like your progress.

I remember Kouros mostly.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Kismet Reboot (doll WIP)

Postby Sorean » Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks! Haha, it has been forever since I did more than kind of poke him. Honestly, there have been times when I sort of forget and go "What is this box--oh."

Yeah, I've been focusing most of my time on Kouros... who is almost ready for molding and will get his own thread in a bit >w>
Sorean
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations