Go to footer

Obitsu Orc?

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Obitsu Orc?

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 am

Ooookay . . . . my dear husband told me he wouldn't mind having a doll of one of his D&D characters - as long as it was his half orc!!! Is that even possible?! Could a 27cm Obitsu male body be modded to have extra long arms and still look natural? Natural for an orc that is? I suppose the face could be sculpted.

Any suggestions or is this a crazy idea?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Obitsu Orc?

Postby Resu » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm

Are we talking about a 27cm slim male Obitsu or a 27cm regular male Obitsu? The latter is more buff. =P

If you're talking about the slim male, they come with these little plastic rings that you can use to lengthen their legs or arms. You just pop off their arms/feet and slip the ring on before reassembling. If you want the rings to stay firmly in place, you can use some super glue.

As for the regular male Obitsu, I'm not entirely sure because I haven't fiddled around with those yet.

Or, shortening the legs to make the arms appear longer might be another route. I'm not sure if this can actually be done, though, because I haven't tried it yet.
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 pm

the regular male also comes with extension rings. they are for the shoulders and ankles, but I dont see why you couldnt use them on his wrists. I didnt use mine, so I have extras. you will definately want to get the option hands for grippong swords. the head is easily sculptable. I would suggest "green stuff" cause it is still slightly flexible when dry and so is a vinyl head. just sculpt it on, let it cure, then pop it off (it probably wont stick by itself) and use superglue to attach securely. then paint!
good luck!
leopardessmoon

Postby Eseme » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Having seen the normal male bald head, I think you'd have a decent base to start with to build ears. And if your husband is also into miniatures for gaming, he is likely to have green stuff. And the normal male is very buff.

Half-orcs, at least in the third and fourth edition artwork, do not have overly long arms. They are just taller, and a lot bulkier.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby x0xPeachyx0x » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:57 am

Omg, if you ever do accomplish this, you NEED to post pictures >3<
~Jordy-CP Soo~ Eljandro- ED Red~ Adelias- CP El~ Lily-HDF Pudding~ Kitty Face- Pipos baby Ringo~Asher- KD Bory~ Dameo- CP Chiwoo - Aubrey- MNF Shiwoo
x0xPeachyx0x
Dolly Pardon

Postby Sock and Awe » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:18 am

oh I hope you find a way to do that Personally I think it would be amazing if my husband wanted a doll. He's completely against them. Breaks my heart because I have no friends that collect.
Sock and Awe

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:00 am

Hey, my half-orc was first edition, and he didn't have extra long arms. He wasn't that tall either! I would definitely use the standard male body. You can even get it in black!! I bet you can make one! Given the construction on Obitsu's I think you could easily extend the arms or even shorten the legs.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations