Go to footer

New (hopefully better) pics of Cherry's apartment!

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

New (hopefully better) pics of Cherry's apartment!

Postby embyquinn » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm

The lighting is slightly less meh, I hope...and now everyone can see the goodness that is Cherry's travel apartment. (I love to show off.)

This is a general overview of the apartment as a whole. Ri-ri is playing a guitar I made for her using a modified version of MyFroggyStuff's guitar tutorial. I want to make a blue one for Johnny, too.

A close-up of the computer desk, with a bonus view of Hello Kitty's butt. (I didn't notice her on the floor until late in the photoshoot and didn't want to take all the pictures again. Lazy.)

This is the picture window with a view of dimensional cherry blossoms. The window view can be changed, but right now I like the flowers best. Cherry does, too. XD

Cherry loves her convertible futon. It's made of craft sticks, with a folding cushion made with styrofoam (polystyrene, technically) covered by fabric. With slightly thicker padding, the futon cushion can be used by itself, too, without the frame.

Besides HK, Ri-ri also has her Lambikin and her Grunicorn. She loves stuffed animals. You might also see her Lalaloopsys sitting behind her, if you look closely. Her walls are decorated with glitter dimensional stickers.

Her television, cut from some vac-formed plastic, is too dark to photograph well, but it's surprisingly effective for a hacked-up bit of scrap plastic.

Finally rescued HK, and she's now sitting sedately in Cherry's computer chair. That's the laptop she mentioned during the original photoshoot. I mean to get or make her a desktop soon.

I'm rather proud of this keyboard, constructed entirely of craft foam, and decorated with stickers to simulate control buttons. Cutting and placing the keys was every bit as tedious as you think it was, but I think the effect was worth it. Like the rest of her furniture, the coffee table is made of craft sticks, with the ends trimmed, and whitewashed to match the decor.

All in all, I think Ri-ri is very contented with her new digs. Of course, now she wants a double bed so Johnny can travel with her, too. XD
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: New (hopefully better) pics of Cherry's apartment!

Postby richila » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Gorgeous!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Shinku_Rhapsody » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Are you going to take more pictures? It looks awesome! n_n
Shinku_Rhapsody
Dolly Pardon

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:17 am

I feel a little stupid not thinking of using craft sticks for doll furniture myself before. Thanks for the ideas!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby EAB » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:25 am

Very nice. everything works together beautifully. Cherry is a lucky girl.
"Bonus view of Hello Kitty's butt"--LOL
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations