Go to footer

Cherry's Travel Room: The Sequel [IMG HEAVY]

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Cherry's Travel Room: The Sequel [IMG HEAVY]

Postby embyquinn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 am

This is going to be a post in two parts. The first post will showcase the room and its occupants. The second post will be more of an expository/how-I-did-it, since I still haven't found the time or opportunity to do an in-depth tutorial.

So, with those caveats out of the way, here's a really good and in-depth look at the Travel Room!

I put a door on the outside which is non-functional because, well, I felt like it. I keep meaning to do more decorations--a window, a fence, maybe a tree--but I haven't gotten around to it yet. (TUIT) (VV should get the joke.)

The picture window. Literally, it's an inexpensive picture frame with the glass and backing removed and replaced with a sheet of clear plastic and a blue piece of sticky foam, respectively. The cherry branch is a dimensional sticker.

The happy couple chillaxin' together. Now you can get a better look at their musical instruments.

Cherry and her keyboard. I love her dreamy expression here.

Johnny's Froggy-inspired guitar. This was originally meant to be Cherry's, but Johnny claimed it because he actually plays guitar pretty well. And he looks soooo good while doing it. I really love the look of this guy.

I was worried because the futon chair is single occupancy...but Johnny found a way to make it work for two.

Yes, the futon chair really expands out into a bed.

It's plenty roomy for one...

But it's a bit on the crowded side for two. That's why I'm probably going to have to make a double-wide one in the near future.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Cherry's Travel Room: The Sequel [IMG HEAVY]

Postby embyquinn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 am

Okay, with the cuteness out of the way, here's a more practical look at the construction of the room and its contents.

The room itself is the box our wireless gateway came in. The floor is an extra piece of cardboard that fits in perfectly. The walls and floor are covered with contact paper and scrapbooking paper sealed with clear contact paper and decorated with stickers.

I love furniture that doubles as storage. The coffee table is a small cardboard box covered with cut craft sticks and painted.

The TV and DVD combo, made from a piece of the formed plastic that held the gateway, and the TV stand, a simple box made of craft sticks.

"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Nella » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 am

Your rooms are always so amazing. :D It's super cool that the futon chair actually becomes a bed.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 am

It is all lovely, but I love, love, love the futon!!!!!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby absynthe1972 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm

That is one awesome room!
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 am

Cherry has a way cool travel room. Would love to have such a portable exercise / training room for my 1/6ers
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Wow, awesome! Nice work on the futon, and the box/table too.
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations