Go to footer

Mr Fusspot!

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Mr Fusspot!

Postby Vetinari » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:29 am

He's turned out a little big for a lapdog for Havelock... But eh, no one would dare raise the issue with The Patrician! :D
I sculpted the hard parts out of clay, then cut open a suitable plushy dog to make him...

Front Shot - not the most elegant sculpt ever, but not bad for a 1st attempt!
Any suggestions for his eyes? Not satistied with how they've come out, so they aren't glossed yet

Mr Fusspot & ...Bone... (His Lordship keeps trying to have it removed/replace it with other toys, but every morning Mr Fusspot has mysteriously gotten a hold of it again - despite His Lordship having personally burned the thing at least once... Havelock should just give up, Narrativium is at work here!)

Various alternate angle shots:
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Mr Fusspot!

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:31 pm

If you want a lapdog, you could always start with an Obitsu dog. And of course Mr. Fusspot needs his... um... that thing. You could always look for leftover Uncle body parts!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Vetinari » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 pm

I hadn't really thought of that! Thanks, I'm not sure how I'd make the proportions less greyhound and more pug but it's worth a shot!

(Lolololol! That's a hilarious idea, I can imagine the DOA post now WTB: Dollieh bits...)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby magkelly » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 pm

He needs glass or at least acrylic eyes to give him life I think. I like the sculpt actually but the clay eyes just don't really make him look alive. Glass inserted into the clay would be a lot better.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Vetinari » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:38 am

Oh - thanks! Hmm I think I'll try that next time around, I actually used some super-weird acrylics that were rubbish as a basis for where his eyes actually were but didn't really think of using them as eyes... Hmm if I went for big 22mm brown eyes I could mould them into the sculpt permanently...
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Calivano » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 pm

That's pretty creative Vetinari! I admire his uniqueness. Is he all clay with furry skin, or did you keep his insides plush?
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and... ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles..."

-11th Doctor
Calivano
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Vetinari » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 am

Thanks! :D

He's a mix - his legs are clay all the way up to his torso, but the torso is entirely plush and his head is completely hollow, with just a lip of clay holding it in place so he's not too top-heavy. I can make him sit down - but he immediately stands up again due to the springyness of the stuffing
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations