Go to footer

Cain scarred sculpt 74cm

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Re: Cain scarred sculpt 74cm

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm in love with his cheekbones.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Myrretah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Yes the head should be available very shortly. I had hoped to already have it ready to be honest. Here's the run down. I have silicon but it is from a company that a friend of mine has used for all of his casting. He swears by it. I however don't like the resin that company offers... or a lot of the rest of it to be honest. The resin felt... cheap and the white was... ivory. White is not ivory no matter how colorblind you are. I found a company I like that has resin that I love and they have some silicon that I desperately want to try. Here is why: The silicon I have has a four hour kick... that means it is like egg whites for four hours before it does anything. It has a 16 hour soft cure. So it takes FOREVER! It takes a coat every 6 hours until the layers are built up enough to be able to make the mother shell. The mother shell is plaster so there can't be any areas where there are deep impressions or I won't be able to get the stupid mother shell off. so what that means is that it takes about a week before I can even get the mother shell built to get things sort of how I need them to be... for one side of the dumb head -_-. I generally hate everything about the process. Now the other company that has the amazing resin has some silicon. It kicks in 50minutes and has a 4 hour demold. So I can build my layers up spread over about once every hour and a half instead of waiting for 6. I could get one side through plaster in one day and then get cracking on side two. The silicon is made a little bit differently. Both are platinum grade which means the detail will be excellent and it will last. the big problem is... money, as always. I keep telling myself that I should just use what I have so that I can cast and then I will be able to get the mold material that I want and some more resin. but what if it fails? What if I take the time with it and it is just a big mess? there is so much time that I have to put into it it's not like oh well I can try again tomorrow... I'm torn. Tonight I am going to start the mold anyway. No more thought or trepidation. No more excuses. If it fails I will order the other stuff anyway and I will make a sound mold. My master is flawless, well he doesn't have any flaws that shouldn't be there, LOL.

That being said We have heads that we can post. I have my original cast that has a face up and will happily show him on bodies if you like. In the house we have a spiritdoll proud, an Angelsdoll slim version 1, a resinsoul 70, and as Okami mentioned the DZ65, and I can take pictures of him despite that he is a bunch of parts on his own body and the torso pieces next to the other bodies for comparison. We have pictures of both heads with eyes, one has 14mm and the other has 16mm eyes in. Neither gap. Okami opened the eye wells up in hers to take an 18mm but she said it was a minimal amount of work because of how I designed him. 12mm eyes would look very odd cause homeboy's got some big eyes. Just let us know what you would like to see and we will post shots. As soon as I have a good mold I will make him available. I had thought about doing a presale but... I just want to make sure I can get him in your hands. I don't want you to have to wait. With a mold..... you can order on monday and I can cast him on tuesday and ship on thursday, yanno? I hate waiting. Doll people wait so long. I don't want to add to the wait unless by some miracle I become wildly popular, then I'll just quit my job so you still don't have to wait, LOL.

I can tell you I was going to have him be up for $100 to start. I will only have white available at first. The resin is paper white and a good match for the resin soul white or anything that matches that. It mellows like RS resin does too and has a good weight to it. I know a lot of artists charge a lot and have discovered it is probably based on who they are going through to cast their dolls. I looked into a couple places and oh my... I just... I would have to charge so much. I don't want to do that to people. I want to sell something I could afford, yanno?

OK... end of word explosion :D I'm glad you like his cheekbones!!!!!
Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Myrretah » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:26 pm

OK so he's listed. His price was actually determined by how I parted with the first one of his heads that I released and his finished size. He is $160 and is available through my etsy and through my own website. https://www.etsy.com/shop/immortalgothic?ref=hdr_shop_menu That's my etsy and http://www.gothicangels.immortalgothicangel.com/ That is my site. I do also sell the imperfect casts to those in the community who do modification and have approached those who have been fans about picking those up first. I only have had two though, which is pretty good! Anyway, I thought I would let you know that he is up and ready to go!
Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations