Go to footer

Cain scarred sculpt 74cm

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Cain scarred sculpt 74cm

Postby Myrretah » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 pm

So I have been goaded into posting him. Progress of him. Cain is my... biggest and most hurt character. I searched for a sculpt that looked like him and found nothing. Because of this I had to sculpt him myself. It took me two years but I believe that I have had some level of success. You see, I had to start with the most broken one. He's not just scarred. His bones were broken. I had to compensate for his smashed face and broken nose... and then the hurt that lingers about him. I tried. I'll only post a few of him and the variant heads that are close to completion.

That was when he was still in he first coats of primer. I was checking the line of his mouth in this shot and how the scar fell down his cheek. I've always liked it.

His scarred eye. this was my first casting. It has so many bubbles but I gave it a face up anyway. In all the pictures of him where he has a faceup that are mine... it is this head. It was my first and so, is very special to me.

this is what the blank scarred face looks like. I will post the other variants after though only four of them are close to complete. The fifth will be very limited as it is proving to be a very big pain in the tushy.

I love sleepy eyes. He looks so soft.

Had to! I mean... elf ears look amazing on everyone right :D

Scarless. I hated doing it. it felt so unnatural to see him this way. I was going to alter the scar off of the elf eared one too but I can't do it. I know some people will like the architecture of his face without the scar present but.... I just couldn't do it to any of the others.

I have to remake his horns sadly. I sorta loved them and then... I dropped one and it snapped. I was so upset. I just need to make them out of something more durable. I wanted to make a few kinds too. I like how different these look. I feel they continue in the same lines as his over angular face... but I know people like ram's horns... and then I wanted to make some that looked like branches too if I was able.

That's him on a Resin Soul 70cm. He needs a beafier body. I have his torso nearly completed. I'm cutting it up right now so it's a wreck. I will post more as I work. the heads will be ready first. I want the scarless, the normal scarred head, and the elf eared head to be available, with the other two as limited runs. Please let me know what you think. I have been hiding, kanda afraid to post about him. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea... but I love him.
Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Cain scarred sculpt 74cm

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:46 am

I'm glad to see you posting him here! Keep it up!! I know how much work goes into this, and he's coming out great!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby famedglory » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 am

He is truly amazing.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Nella » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:54 pm

He's such a unique sculpt!
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm

He's all sorts of awesome, haunted and beautiful at the same time. I can't wait to see how the body and his alternate heads turn out! :)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Myrretah » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:49 pm

I did some work on him today. I set the seal in his head cap and finished off the interior registration. All that is left is making the spot for the dumb magnets. I hate magnets. They make me crazy. What's funny is his cap fits so snug it won't even try to fall if you shake him entirely upside down because of the way that I designed him. I thought you might like to see how his cap looks.

The lower one is the cap that I intend to cast. I still need to hit it with primer and get it sanded down smooth but you get the idea.

Some shots of his body in progress. I've started to joint him. I'm so glad that you like my progress with him so far.
Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 pm

And I've seen that monster of a body in person! XD It's so many levels of awesome. I've told you before I love the progress but I'll say it again. LOVE it.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby coloredimage » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:46 pm

I for one adore those horns you've made for that head! They remind me of the Green Men, honestly. He's looking so great, I can't wait to see more of that body.
coloredimage
the walls have dolliehs

Postby yarwel » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 pm

The more I see of him, the more he grows on me.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Rage_girl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 pm

the body is looking great ^_^ makes me excited to get one. oh by the way this is sam ^_^ ikas friend
Dollies and pretty things @_@
Rage_girl
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations