Go to footer

Cain scarred sculpt 74cm

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Re: Cain scarred sculpt 74cm

Postby versora » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Oh, wow. That is beautiful. I could never scult something like that. I once made a pathetic attempt of my catgirl OC out of clay for school, but yeah....didn't turn out as well as I thought in my head... Anyway, lovely sculpt.
"We don't make mistakes. Just happy little accidents." -- Bob Ross
versora
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby she_flame » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 am

Amazing work! O.o Stunning, really.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:13 am

He looks like quite a fascinating character. Love to see the results.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby OkamiKodomo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:44 pm

~coughTotallyNotBraggingcough~ I own one of these awesome guys. ~grin I love it. He has a feeling of weight to him that has nothing to do with the size (or the thickness of the resin). I just finished modding mine.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Myrretah » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Thank you so much guys! I hadn't gotten any notifications that this had updated at all or I would have responded so much sooner. I am going to try to get myself together for Dollism. I want to have his head available sooner but I will try to get my big body done for them so I can have a few whole finished dolls with me. I mean I would love to have more then Cain but I don't want to say, "Oh yeah, I will have Cain and Andreus and Freya and Maybe even Alexander and Anya"... and then have none cause I spread myself too thin. I have some updated pictures of Cain though for you. I got both of his wigs, light and dark. I love him. silly though it may be... he is still just so pleasing to me.

Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby versora » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:51 am

OkamiKodomo wrote:~coughTotallyNotBraggingcough~ I own one of these awesome guys. ~grin I love it. He has a feeling of weight to him that has nothing to do with the size (or the thickness of the resin). I just finished modding mine.

Awsome. I would be too afraid to mod mine, even though my OC for the doll I want has a scar over his right eye.
"We don't make mistakes. Just happy little accidents." -- Bob Ross
versora
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby ghostdollie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:59 am

I love this sculpt so much! So much soul...
ghostdollie
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Myrretah » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:43 am

So I'm doing more work on the body. To be honest I'm kinda freakin myself out. I cut it up. I need it ready for Dollism. I got a room and I got two passes for the weekend. I want this body done so that I can have him in resin at the show... and available for sale. I'm actually working on 3 bodies right now, this being the biggest and most complete. I'll make another thread for the other sized body and complimentary heads.

So I mentioned that I cut him all up. His torso is double jointed. The jointing structure that I had in mind for him should eliminate pinch points which are a large factor on a big doll. His elastic channels are also going to be huge so that he can be strung with elastic that is far thicker than I have seen in other dolls. I don't want him to do that collapse in the middle thing. I lined the joints up with his muscle structure so that it should appear that his muscle constrict, shorten appropriately. I want a doll where it doesn't look like you had to dislocate things for him to slouch or arch. I want people to love to have him shirtless and sprawled and twisted and still visually make sense and not have awkward spots that don't exist in true anatomy. Perhaps I'm asking for too much, but I don't think one should have to sacrifice aesthetics for movement. I also don't think that the joints should feel like they need hidden under clothes. Here is a picture of him all cut up:

I'm sorry that I haven't been responding as much as I would like to. The easiest way for me to see this site is on my phone. for whatever reason my computer logs me out, even in the middle of a post, and then does not recognize my password even though I have used the same one every single time. I will respond, I swear. I just get so frustrated. By the time I get logged back in I'm so annoyed that it happened again, I forget what I meant to say and feel so dumb.
Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ghostdollie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:33 pm

What size is Cain's head? Will you be selling the head? Once again, I do love his face!
ghostdollie
i see dead dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Myrretah is at work, so I'll give you a quick reply, and she can give you a more in depth one when she has a chance. Cain's head is a large 1/3 size. I have mine currently on a DZ B65 body (the one that comes with Brant and Cosmo) and he wears a size 8-9 wig. The body she's making for him will be somewhere around the larger end of the 70cm scale. And yes, he will be for sale. She's working on the production molds now. She plans to unveil him at the Dollism convention that Mint on Card is hosting in Buffalo, I do believe, but she has been tossing around the idea of offering him for sale on a made-to-order basis, to raise money to get more casting supplies. :)
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations