Go to footer

The 2010 Head Cabinet

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

The 2010 Head Cabinet

Postby DollyKim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:43 pm

9 remasters, 8 new guys, the loss of molds to tearing. Beatles, Bee Gees, The Who, Led Zeppelin.

Still WIP got to check pictures of John Paul Jones, but feeling pretty good about these guys. These are all modeling clay so next comes experimenting on getting molds of them, I have experimental faces for that. Ears, hair, back of heads next, then playing with expressions, zombies, who know what.

There might be more to add to the family but I'm spent at the moment, back to work on Roger tomorrow.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: The 2010 Head Cabinet

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Had to work a better Zeppelin, about half finished need more hair etc. Discovered if I had examples in modeling clay it was easier to work Apoxie Sculpt ones the same size.

I also have to remember to lighten up on how I feel about my sculpts and give them a bit more love.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Well Pete and I had a discussion and I gouged his eyes out. Then I made new ones. Did some carving, need to do a bit more.
Started on Ox and Moony.

Almost done with half of Zep, Jimmy just needs a bit more off his nose, he does have one like an animae character, and Bonzo needs some texture to his hair. Robert and JPJ still need more hair.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Finished giving the 'Orrible 'Oo and Zep their hair. Really happy with how Moony came out. Next is a bit of dry work, some cutting and carving, some modeling paste and painting. Otherwise it will be magic time :)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:42 pm

All painted up, one of these fellows will get the honor of being the mold making test dummy because I have to admit, I didn't really look in to what he looks like and I want to do him a bit more justice. >cough<JPJ>cough< Otherwise I feel goo about them so far. Moony looks great, Thunderfingers might get a change of hair style. I have to let them rest overnight.

There were moments when I felt I had lost Jimmy and Roger, had to do more patching with modeling paste than I thought but that's the nature of this. Reaching the limits of my present abilities. I'm going to ponder doing wax or plaster versions so I can get better texture on their skin so FailJPJ will have his work cut out for him as I test a few things.

They are done with acrylic paint and pastels and will be sealed with a paint on sealer which worked great on the previous heads.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby TheSpyderDuster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:36 am

You always were so dang good at those faces, looks just like them!
TheSpyderDuster

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Thanks, I put in many hours of practice to find my groove.

I decided to give JPJ one more try. Of with the side of his lips, as his mouth was too wide, and on with more hair.

Jimmy was put together to play with some friends. (the problem with half my pics is I have my blinds open about a foot away from them and I'm rushing to get a pic instead of taking the time to do a good set up)
This brings up another problem being that I totally forgot Jimmy, and Bonzo, are supposed to have ears under all that hair. Can we have a face palm smiley please? Well I checked how everyone looks on the body and outside it being a bit broad shouldered for a few people, Jimmy and Pete should be on something like an Obitsu Slim but that would require a different neck. Anywho a few people needed some touch ups.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm

JPJ done. I've decided to give everyone a few days to see if they settle.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Got all the floaters in to the head cabinet, I painted everyone except Marwood and the 2nd Doctor.
Row 1 all sculpted by Chan Ada 4th Doctor "Tom", 10th Doctor "David", Clark Kent, Lex Luthor, Johnny Depp
Row 2 first two by Chan Ada Egon and Dr Venkman, others by Dragon Roger the Royal Marine "Marwood", Dr West, Norman Osborn
Row 3 all my sculpts but the last guy Andy, Barry, Robin, Maurice Gibb, unknown Dragon hoping to become Doctor Who #2
Row 4 all my sculpts Beatles John, Paul, George, Ringo, Julian
Row 5 all my sculpts The Who Pete, Roger, John, Keith, and Darkman
Row 6 all my sculpts Led Zeppelin Robert, Jimmy, JPJ, and Bonzo, and the guy I threw together for a Rickroll

Row 3 & 4, except for the Doctor, are slated to be resculpted
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:50 pm

O.o, ok now I know why you refer to it as the "head cabinet" heehee. that is pretty cool!
leopardessmoon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations