Go to footer

My Little Mermaid Custom Doll Photo UP!!!!! XD

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

My Little Mermaid Custom Doll Photo UP!!!!! XD

Postby Jess ~Forget-me-not~ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:05 am

Hi all!! Long time no post ^.^

Some of you may know that I customize dolls and collect dolls of all kinds: anime, Disney, don bluth ect. Some of you may remember my tangled doll post and other custom dolls! For the past 2 ta 3 years Ive been working on a special custom little mermaid project. And now, I am happy to announce that it is FINALLY completed!!!! Just in time for the little mermaid re-release this year!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For the longest time I wanted to make my own ariel and eric dolls and try to make them both poseable and identical to the movie. I also wanted to recreate the memorable scenes from the movie! both ariel and eric are wearing clothing I personally customized and made!

The grotto was the MOST challenging this in this project. It stands 15.5 inches tall and 20 inches wide purely made of ceramic clay. It look a lot of time but it was extremely worth it! ^-^ when it came to taking photos I added many props from various animated films. I even made the dancing figure from the part of that world scene!!!

heres an over head pic

I even did a photo up for eric! Gave max a hair cut, recreated a boat, gave him a customized outfit! it was awesome!

in the sunset, off in the distance you can see a tail fin

But my all time absolute fav recreation was the kiss the girl scene!!! the dress was from mattel and the boat was given to me by my mom! OH and I purposey made ariel gaze to the left and eric to the right. so they would always be gazing into each others eyes

and I had to make this scene

I started to love this photo set so much!! I took my old Vanessa doll I made back in 04 and gave her an upgrade!! which lead me to recreate this scene:

so there you have it ^-^ I just really wanted to share this with you guys and fellow disney/mermaid lovers!! I also will be posting up more custom dolls soon!!!! :D

hope you all like! and are having an awesome summer!!!!

<3~Jessica
Jess ~Forget-me-not~
i see dead dolliehs

Re: My Little Mermaid Custom Doll Photo UP!!!!! XD

Postby Evelien » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:39 am

I love this so much!! I have such a weak spot for the little mermaid <3
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:36 am

Holy obsessed Batman! They look great!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:11 am

Absolutely spectacular, Jess-san!!! That's amazing! That grotto looks SO REAL!!! And I love how you sculpted a little musical figure statue just like in the movie!!! WOW!!! :Bravo: That is some dedication!!!!!! It's truly gorgeous!!!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 am

Those are wonderful!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby PumpkinGhost1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:14 pm

wow! the detail make each one so special :)
PumpkinGhost1
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby fairydustdreams » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Wow this is AMAZING! LOVE it! You did such a wonderful job and everything is so much like the movie! :D
fairydustdreams
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Faydreams » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:45 am

You did amazing!
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby britbrat18 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Absolutely awesome!! :D I love it! You put so much detail into everything(the grotto is wonderful!) And I really like the closed eyes almost kiss scene, and be-witched Eric is funny. :lol:

I also really like the Flynn Rider wanted poster you snuck into the grotto, it made me laugh. I also saw Pinocchio, John Smith's Helmet(I think), Sebastian, Lumiere, Chip, a keyblade, and Scrump. :D Looking at your grotto is like a fun Disney Hidden Object game. :)
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:48 am

Only gif can express my joy!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations