Go to footer

I'm a little Alien ... (Luts Event head goes Star Trek)

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

I'm a little Alien ... (Luts Event head goes Star Trek)

Postby Jany » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:17 am

This little cutie was for sale here a few months ago and my Dad got it for me for my b-day ...
Remember me?

She came with a note ... I didn't forget ;) So I gave her some TLC, and then a bit more. This was her after a few baths in alcohol, an encounter with nail polish remover (doll-safe ;)) and a bit of sanding to remove the more stubborn stains and discolorations:
I couldn't get in-between her lips to remove the stains in the lip crease, but that will be covered by her new faceup anyway so I don't mind (and I hope she doesn't, either) ...

I filled the holes in her ears and gave her the mods I wanted to do. Originally this was supposed to be a test run, but she already demanded a body of her own and her character is beginning to form in my mind ... I'll order a Mirodoll body for her at the end of the month, and I'll be preparing her clothes ... oh, wait, this was about the modding, right? Well, here she is in all her little milliput glory!
Hey look, it's a Bajoran 8-)

The holes in her left ear were filled up and sanded smooth:

The one in her right ear got a smaller hole pierced with a pin, since Bajorans wear earrings in their right ears:

Bonus pic for the Sanctuary: I actually did this kind of mod before, about two years ago. Here's my little Obitsu (nano Haruka head on soft bust body) as a Bajoran ;)

The Bajorans played a major part in getting me into Star Trek and today's my Trekkie-versary, so I thought it'd be the right day for sharing a project like this :D
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: I'm a little Alien ... (Luts Event head goes Star Trek)

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 am

Amazing!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jany » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:44 am

Thank you so much! <3
Jany

Postby PopularFizzyDrink » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:54 am

:O you've transformed her into an alien-beauty! And I should know how much TLC she needed ;) congrats sweetie
PopularFizzyDrink

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:25 pm

She looks great!! I can't wait to see her earring. Will she be getting the uniform?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Jany » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Fizzy, it's all thanks to you! *hugs* <3 I was half-heartedly looking for a head to "try" this mod on when she came along. So she'll get a body and everything, that Miro event came in very handy. I got to try her on the body and it's a perfect fit, so it's only a matter of time now. :D

zirconmermaid, I guess she will, in time. I'd love to make her a Bajoran one, but it depends slightly on how nice the details look on the Miro body, it's very narrow in the hips and the Bajoran uni pants have got decorative seams that *might* look off proportionally ... in which case I'd probably just have her join Starfleet. ;) But there's a good chance of a uniform in her future, one way or another.
The earring is next on my list, together with a first set of clothes. I can make her civilian clothes blind, that loose-fitting, layered look of Bajoran fashion should make it easier. I want all that stuff done when her body comes in so all I'll have to do is her faceup. (Impatient much? :lol: )
Jany

Postby Jany » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:16 am

Here's the prototype earring I made last night:
Jany

Postby Lif » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 am

Lol-ed at how you know when your trekky versary is... I don't think I ever not watched star treck... can't remember when I didn't anyway! :)
She looks great already!
Will she get traditional Bajoran outfit too? Or did she join the federation and so get to wear a suit? Better not make it a red one then...oh wait thats not from that time period XD
BJD's:
Audrey: Soulkid Liddell
Molly: Bambicrony Ciao Roko
Blythe (clone)
Pip: Myserious Blythe clone
Other
Kuma: Toy Field Kuma bear (small)
Isaac: commercial cheapisch baby dolly (but extremely cute!)
Read about them: Spark-a-doodle
Lif
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jany » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:48 am

Thank you!
:lol: Lucky her,I've only got red and teal fabric ;)

She'll definitely get traditional outfits. (Yep, plural there ^^) I'm working on an early one (like the Valo camp folks wore in "Ensign Ro") now because that's easiest to do blind with only the company measurements ... she'll get a layery-lacey one when her body comes in.
I didn't get into Star Trek until I was fifteen, and it was such a funny coincidence I can't help but remember ^^ I was sick and bored to death and there was nothing on TV except Star Trek, so I turned it on anyway and stared right into a Bajoran face with an earring just like the one I used to wear - and I was hooked. :lol:
Jany

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 am

DS9 was infectious, it introduced me to Xavier's muse. I've half heartedly wanted to make a Vorta head. I want to see how your girl comes out because if I make another Dr Bashir he might need a Major Kira ;)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations