Go to footer

I'm a little Alien ... (Luts Event head goes Star Trek)

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Re: I'm a little Alien ... (Luts Event head goes Star Trek)

Postby Jany » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 am

Woohoo! I'd love to see that XD (Got the image of pregnant Kira in my head, yelling at Bashir "this is all your fault!" :lol: )
Vorta sound like a challenge ... le boy has been nagging for me to make a Klingon, but I don't feel up to that by a long shot, my sculpting skills are amateurish at best. -.-° I've got my eyes open for a faceplate (headcaps would almost certainly interfere with the mods) but I don't think it'll happen any time soon.

I couldn't help noticing a few sculpts that look a lot like DS9 characters ... I think Domuya Fin would make a great Kira, just as Dollmore Ipsae bears a certain resemblance to Jadzia Dax ... and Iplehouse Taregan could make one killer Sisko. ^^°
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Vorta would just be an extension of pointy elfish ears along the jaw line, the lines look easy enough. It's on my list of to-do heads. As each Klingon is unique in it's own way the biggest thing would be making the wrinkles even, unless they were scarred in a fight.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jany » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 am

Now you put it that way ... ^^°
Jany

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:11 pm

You can do it!! More Star Trek dolls would be wonderful. The prototype earring looks great, too!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Jany » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Thank you so much! You're motivating me ;)
Jany

Postby Vetinari » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:42 am

That's a really lovely mod - I want to go watch some DS9 now!

It's tempting me to dig out the milliput but even on the practice head I worry that my "skills" will not be up to par!
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby richila » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:37 am

Nice job! You have some real skills! Those tiny ridges on a Nano Haruka are amazing. I can't wait to see your new girl a put together. :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Jany » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 am

Thanks, guys! :oops:
She got a wig at Dolliverse the other day, I'll post pics as soon as I've found new batteries for my cam (they died 5minutes into the photography workshop - go figure :roll: ).
Maybe (read: if I dare) I'll make the spare Bernard faceplate I ordered into a Klingon after all ^^° I'll probably do a test run in Fimo, just to see how it works. I'm a bit scared of the milliput hardening in mid-sculpt, Klingons take lots more time to complete ...

Edit: Here's the wig! It's a DollHeart mohair one, and it seems that it had pigtails at some point ... it's super soft and stretchy and a gorgeous copper red. <3
Jany

Postby CrusherVic » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 am

Oh lord this is looking beautiful. <3 I'm about to finish watching DS9 for the first time, it's awesome to see a Bajoran doll!
CrusherVic
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Jany » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:43 am

Update - she's got a body! Better late than never ... I finally got my Miro package after it spent an absurdly long time in customs. She's been treated to a set of S-hooks and slightly tighter string, I'll probably mod her wrists and I can definitely see some sueding and / or wiring in her future, but for now I'm happy she's all together. Might tackle her faceup today, too ^_^

Jany

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations