Go to footer

1/6th scale Lotus inspired chairs

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

1/6th scale Lotus inspired chairs

Postby Linainversetsg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 am

Sorry for the horrible image quality. I'll try and get nicer pictures.

I have always loved Lotus flowers, especially their shape. While these chairs are not lotus colored, the shape of the back panel was inspired by the shape of the lotus flower at full bloom.

This project was never intended honestly to become so elaborate. It started by wanting to make a set if inverted matching chairs out of a couple fabrics I had that switched colors on the same pattern. However I thought they were a bit dull and I pulled out my shiny fabrics and hot fix crystals and went to work designing something that would give the chair a bit more elegance and flare to be interesting.

The shape of the chair was the result of that session, however I couldn't get the pretty fabrics to work with the inverted matching fabrics, but I loved the combination of these shiny ones so I decided to push aside the matching fabrics in favor of these ones (please be advised the chair on the right is actually red, not pink, my camera hates this red fabric and I can't get it much closer to it's true color )..

It took me a few days even still to finalize the color placement. The final piece of this design puzzle came from an old couch (not pictured) I had made for my dolls YEARS ago, that was left unfinished for a long time. The pops of red and maroon made me realize I wanted a very elaborate living room set! I took the fabrics, the blueprints for this design, and the couch to my mother (who loves reds, purples, and maroons more than I do) and we came up with this set color palette together.

The couch still needs work, and the coffee table hasn't even been touched for re-decorating yet but someday soon I will have the most overdone living room set that I've ever seen.
I'm really happy with them both overall as it's the first time I've ever really pushed myself to do something really elaborate with doll furniture. The red has more flaws I think because it was the first one for each new step. But oh well, I love it anyway.

One day I may do the inverted matching chairs after all for another room in my dollhouse, but for now I believe this has set in stone how my doll house living room will be set up and displayed.
On the plus side, it matches the flat screen TV with a lotus for the picture! I'm not 100% sure they're totally finished yet. I may pull off the back fabric panel and re-do them on both (the back of the chair is actually 3 panels), and possibly add something to the front to make the front to make the arm rest look more finished.

Here is the red with a 27cm Obitsu.

And my picco neemo in the purple (though the colors are faded in this picture D:).

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share my newest creation.
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Re: 1/6th scale Lotus inspired chairs

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 am

I am liking your color choices and the chairs very much! I would love to see how you made them, too!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby yarwel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 am

They look comfy. :)
All the details are really nice too.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Faydreams » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:37 am

I like them. The fabrics you picked work really well together.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jany » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:53 am

They're beautiful! I like the fabrics :)
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Pandor » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 am

*swats back Ghaleon's grabby hands*
They're fantastic! I love the design and fabrics! It would be neat to see one in "lotus-y" colors, too. :)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby fairydustdreams » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:10 pm

The chairs look wonderful! :) I love how fancy and shiny they are! :)
fairydustdreams
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:24 am

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous! I love them so much! :o
currently fighting cancer. please forgive my chemo-brain. ^^
my 1/6 dollieh Wishlist & 4Sale/Trade list~ :P
~TurkishDelight~
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Linainversetsg » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:24 am

@zirconmermaid Sadly I didn't document how I made these, I'll likely make more of them in different colors and I'll take pictures of the steps when I do. :)

@yarwel I certainly hope the are, they're well padded (the back cushion, seat, and arm rests)!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments!
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dustafterrain10.1 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:01 am

Beautiful, they look comfy too:)
Dustafterrain10.1
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations