Go to footer

Dragon pet ball

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Dragon pet ball

Postby spark » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:06 pm

The third (and possibly final) critter in my bjd pet ball series. It's not done yet here, I have more stuff to add, and the horns should be attached, but this gives the general idea of what it's going to be like.
spark
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Dragon pet ball

Postby spark » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:34 pm

He's nearly done! Mostly I just have to work on the joints, which I am not so great at. I tried him out with the plain acrylic half-dome eyes I've been using as the default for all of these, but I also put in some 16mm eyes that I had lying around.
spark
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 pm

I like him with the 16mm eyes, he has a great expression with them!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby takahirokumiko » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:02 pm

He's awesome.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby spark » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks you guys! :D

I did a little mold making and got a couple of test casts today, so I can do a prototype. Alas I think I'll have to try again, because these are pretty bad even for me. This shows why I send these off to get cast when they're done, rather than trying to cast them myself.

spark
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby spark » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:59 pm

A black resin test cast. :3 Working with black resin is even more of a pain than the white stuff. :P But I really wanted to see this guy in black. So I did a black test cast, and though it’s still not perfect, it’s pretty darn awesome!
spark
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby spark » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Finally, a pic of the whole doll! Still very much a test cast, it's a bit of a mess still and there's lots of work to do, but all the pieces are together at least.

spark
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby spark » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Here's the black and white test casts, all finished. :D They're also showing off the two different kind of eyes, solid flat-backed acrylics and realistic glass.

I am SO frigging excited for these. I want to start the kickstarter now! But I really should finish the unicorns first, and I need to test out some colors on these guys, I have a shiny new set of pastels to try.

(These do also show why I'm having them cast by somebody else. The black dragon in particular has a lot of problems, but the white isn't perfect either.)

spark
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby spark » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Thank you! :)

I just finished painting the test casts. :D They came out AWESOME! I'm really excited to get to the kickstarter campaign to get these cast, though I still have lots to do before I can launch it.

Here's some pics of the painted test casts, including one with the fennec that was my first pet ball, which shows that these are a little bit larger.

spark
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby OkamiKodomo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

Those are fantastic~ What did you use on the copper one to get the metallic sheen? Is that pearl ex?
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations