Go to footer

Tiny Desk

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Tiny Desk

Postby poetrae » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:16 pm

My Nano Freya should be here sometime next week -- and I'm setting her up a little spot on my shelf .. my bright blue shelf. Anyways -- I went to Micheal's to find things for faceups but did some browsing.
I remember seeing a doll desk & stool tutorial somewhere on youtube, I think it was MyFroggyStuff -- I stumbled upon tiny letters & a small rectangle piece of wood [about 1.40$ usd for both things; y was a 2pack] -- I guesstimated the size, hopefully it will be okay :(

Painted the top & sides of the Y's this green paint I already had on hand -- also made a stool out of a bottle cap and pegs I had in my random box for crafting. its not that great -- dsgame case for size comparison ...

Here is is all finished -- flash ruined it & made is super bright; so sorry for the lack of light photo ... the bed is a WIP, ignore it .. fluttershy is staying; other stuff isn't i was just messing around ;P

I'm thinking of just making a diorama to fit half of the shelf because as much as I like my blue shelf ... its clashing with how I want her room :(
poetrae
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Tiny Desk

Postby kurosu.chan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 pm

That's adorable!! Get scrapbooking paper, and tack it up with poster tack (or eye putty...>.>) and she (he?) can have wallpaper, instead of your blue shelf :) But I think the colors are cute.
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby famedglory » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Clever! That looks like it'll be a good size.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby poetrae » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:32 pm

@kurosu.chan; I even looked at scrap-booking paper but put it back because I just wasn't sure -- I'm going back to the craft store to get something I saw [got a coupon for 40% off .. so yay] I'll get the paper I looked at and just do a makeshift set up :D

@famedglory; Isn't it -- when I saw the video; I was like "that is easy enough" -- hopefully it will be a good size. Can't wait to get her to see :D yay lol
poetrae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:23 am

What a great little desk!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby poetrae » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Thank you :)

I actually think its a bit small but the stool is just fine.

poetrae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby oniakki » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Just a hair short, but makes me think of some of my friends at normal sized tables :p
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations