Go to footer

Lalaloopsy home~ (Dollhouse kit)

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Lalaloopsy home~ (Dollhouse kit)

Postby mochi.kochi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:59 pm

First off, There is going to be a lot of pictures :D

My mini lalaloopsy collection is growing and having them balance on my shelf (and more coming) is not gonna be easy. When my siblings and I went to this convention, my local,uh, doll/hobby store had a stall so I went. They had this reeeeeeally cute dollhouse displayed and since it was the last day for the con, it was on sale :D Normally from $80 USD it went to $40, so yeah :D

It's pretty much this, image from google http://image.ec21.com/image/knowmecraft/oimg_GC06556155_CA06576344/DIY_House_Gifs_3D_Puzzle_Dollhouse_Models_130-04.jpg

So far I've discovered that these are from Know me company, found their website but no luck finding buying it straight from them.

So I've been working on it for awhile now and kind of forgot to take pictures at some point (I get waaay into the zone) but I'll be posting my progress here :)

A few minutes into building, together with my sister

The walls pretty much attached,

Second floor added

Front view

with the attic floor on

Last edited by mochi.kochi on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mochi.kochi
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: WIP: Lalaloopsy home~ (Dollhouse kit)

Postby mochi.kochi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:07 pm

With the roof and attic in:

Then I sprayed the whole thing white. There are some parts that wasn't sprayed enough or none at all, mainly because I used up the whole can. Like the back of the fence, I chose to do the front first and if there was any left then I'd spray them.

Then I painted it :>

I wanted to have a pastel theme so the loopsies wouldn't look too off. The brown part used to be paler but I went through them again so that they all had a uniform color. I forgot to take photo of the roof properly but I painted it one thin layer so that streaks of white from the base is seen and it looks cute :> For the window frames, I asked around what color I should do and they all said to leave it white. If I add too much color them the blue theme I had in mind would be overpowered. So I glossed them to at least make it different. I used tamiya gloss at first but it didn't pop enough so I used clear nail polish XD
mochi.kochi

Postby mochi.kochi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 pm

The kit came with pretty much everything. It had paint, a brush, bulbs and all the furniture inside that you have to make as well. I didn't use the paint given though, it was blue-green.

The furniture :D

All the furniture per room were in different bags. Imagine this with 4 more small bags though, I told you I forgot to take photos >.<

In one room there was 2 bags, one with all the wood stuff and the other with the cloth, beads, tubes or whatever there was.

The first two rooms I've finished already. I'll start with the first one I made, which is basically the kitchen.

A very blurry picture of the kitchen stove and sink

The finished one

the pot lid is removable. The orange beads wasn't supposed to go there. Not according to the instructions, plus it didn't say.. I think.. The instructions are in Chinese , I wouldn't have a clue :>

The chopped vegetables was the stem from those fruits beside it. They came as a loooong piece of wire with the fruits attached at the end. When I cut the fruit off, I felt bad thinking I was going to throw away a nice piece of colored wire, so I made it to that!

BOOKS. BOOKS EVERYWHERE

They're basically cutouts of front and back covers and you fold pieces of paper to make it pages. The ones with green pages go with room one while the others for room two. They're green because the set came with green paper that I couldn't find the use of, and was too lazy to stand up for white paper.

mochi.kochi

Postby mochi.kochi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Next room

Except for the round table which was from the first room

This was amazing :D

3 pieces of paper rolled and stuck to each other to make wine bottles XD

The next one is the piano. This was a PAIN. It should have been simple if everything was measured properly i guess.

First, Look at how big that print out is compared to where it's supposed to go!

Luckily I was thinking (Thank gosh!)
I stick it at the middle part and folded down the white part to make the keys look proper from the side.

then here, (I hope rotation worked..)
The key board is supposed to go on top of the black board (XD) with the side panels sitting ON TOP of the sides of the bacl board. But the two boards doesn't match up. The key board is even longer! And I've already sanded this!

So again, Thank gosh I was thinking. I made the black board as the lid for the keys.

That I can flip open :D
mochi.kochi

Postby mochi.kochi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 pm

I suddenly realized I think I'm onto 3 rooms. Either way, meh.

This was what the room with the piano looked like at the start

And this with one of the other rooms
LIGHTS!!

This is all for now, I'll update more when I get more work done. And this time try to take more photos.
mochi.kochi

Postby famedglory » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:40 am

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see more! You seriously got all that for only $40??
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby mochi.kochi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm

famedglory wrote:Looks great so far! Can't wait to see more! You seriously got all that for only $40??

YES :D My brother and I was looking at the house deciding which color to pick and we didn't know it already had lighting. So when the lady came and explained everything about the house and mentioned the lights aren't going on her display because it burned out, it made it even more worth it :D

UPDATE: 6/11/13
I made all the lights into their own shape (Lamp, flourescent, chandelier etc.) and connected them all to see how bright it will get. What brightness? NOTHING! I could see a veeeeery slight dot of orange -_- but that's it. I tried recharging the battery. Nope :( So I thought of ways of what i could do. One I could buy a higher voltage battery for them to share, but then it'd be the same for them to have one each with a lower voltage. The problem with this idea is that 1.) Not rechargable 2.) I have to manually disconnect one wire to turn it off. So I went online and viola~!! I found a lot of 10pcs on/off switch which is about 3x4x2cm so its small plus one room gets one each plus it'll be easy to hide :D YEY!!

I have a picture of how bright it was, but I'll upload it when I get home tonight from school.

Mochi:>
mochi.kochi

Postby richila » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:13 pm

So cute! I just added a puzzle house to my Christmas wishlist.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Glecs » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 am

The house looks awesome so far! I really like the small items and furnitures and the little details.
I did small room models like this, but it's nothing compared to the one you are doing now. Although it's a lot of effort and work, it's really satisfying in the end :D Can't wait to see more progress!
The individual perceptions of life makes the same world different.
Fein's Adventures
Glecs
i see dead dolliehs

Postby mochi.kochi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 am

Glecs wrote:The house looks awesome so far! I really like the small items and furnitures and the little details.
I did small room models like this, but it's nothing compared to the one you are doing now. Although it's a lot of effort and work, it's really satisfying in the end :D Can't wait to see more progress!

Thank you~ This is actually my first kit ever and I'm reaaaaaally enjoying it. I'm keeping an eye watch on where I bought this just in case she puts another one on sale. I love the details as well, which is what I enjoy the most :)
mochi.kochi

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations