Go to footer

Project journal: Teenage Watson and Holmes

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Project journal: Teenage Watson and Holmes

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Given my Sherlock obsession as of late...I've decided I want to document my custom adventure in trying to make custom versions of my own 'headcanon' for Sherlock and Watson inspired heavily by much of the media I've read/watched, they'll be a sort of blend.

They'll be on Obitsu 23cm bodies..Merely for the grip hands and other poses and because I want them teenagers. Painted heads, I'll be doing the eyes myself so I'll be getting the 27cm two head pack...And Yuichi my current 23cm boy will become a temporary body donor whilst I work on Watson. (If push comes to shove I will replace his body when I order the actual bodies eventually. XD)

So for now...A list:

Obitsu 27cm female heads, in pale and fleshtone.

Acrylic paints (I need new ones, mine dried up in the summer heat)

A clean desk (I'll likely do this project at the kitchen table more likely)

Various cardboard boxes (Because as my mom is a HUGE Sherlock fanatic she will be assisting me in creating my boys their own personal 221B Baker Street home) Doll furniture, fabric/contact paper, ect.

Test body to test proportions (because if it doesn't work on the 23cm bodies I'll bite the bullet and get them 27cm bodies.)

And a lot of patience and Sherlock movies to keep me inspired/busy.

I will update with pictures when I get started on Watson. (Watson will be in fleshtone so the test body is Yuichi's by default...I can't in good conscience behead Riven)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Project journal: Teenage Watson and Holmes

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Customs are a work of love. Sounds like you and your mom will have a blast making their house.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Project journal: Teenage Watson and Holmes

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:47 pm

I look forward to seeing everything done, I've never got around to finishing my Young Holmes and Watson.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations