Go to footer

Do you Make clthes for your Resinsoul Ju?

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Do you Make clthes for your Resinsoul Ju?

Postby Faydreams » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:36 am

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how many of us on here have a Resinsoul Ju or similar sized doll that they sew for? In the last couple of months I have been drafting patterns for things you simply can't find for these dolls. I love my girl to pieces but there isn't much out there that fits her factory or handmade.

Mystie and Einin by faydreams, on Flickr

This is my girl and although I did alter that Gavin Moxie Teen suit to fit I didn't sew it completely

So, has anyone actually made clothes for their Resinsoul Ju? I'd love to see pics of your work.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Re: Do you Make clthes for your Resinsoul Ju?

Postby she_flame » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:03 am

I have done (and will do in future, too) clothes for MSD sized dolls - Resin soul Ju, Yao, similar sized Unoa and Minifee. I have some of the on sale on my Etsy, if you want to look.

For pics, I have some. :D From newest to oldest.

Selfmade boots for RS Ju, (not a sewed cloths, but...) an armor for RS Ju, modern pants to fit RS Yao's hooved feet, more modern clothes for RS Yao, winter outfit for RS Yao and fantasy outfit for RS Yao. And a leather coat for Unoa, a hoodie for same doll, and knitted tunic.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby Faydreams » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 am

Very cool! I love the leather jacket. That is just amazing.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby she_flame » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 am

^^ Thanks. My friend (who ordered it to her doll) was pleased, too.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:22 pm

I don't have a Ju, but I do have Lu, and yes I sew for her and have had custom outfits made. However, if you are looking for ready to wear - Tonner, Ashton Drake and Madame Alexander 16" fashion doll clothes fit perfectly except for the shoes!!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:I don't have a Ju, but I do have Lu, and yes I sew for her and have had custom outfits made. However, if you are looking for ready to wear - Tonner, Ashton Drake and Madame Alexander 16" fashion doll clothes fit perfectly except for the shoes!!

I can vouch for that. My Resinsouls are all wearing the Tonner Lion, Witch and Wardrobe outfits.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Myrretah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 pm

that's really good to know. Okami and I sew for everyone here but sometimes it's nice to find something that would normally be just difficult to make and click to buy. I have a bobobie body that I modded quite drastically and it has measurements that are more similar to an RS now. The girl is a punk though so I might have to put her in boy clothes. Maybe I can talk her into one premade fluffy dress... maybe.
Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Faydreams » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:55 am

Thank you all for your help. It is good to learn what will and won't work on this slim lady. :D

I was asking to see what other people are doing for their Resinsoul dolls. I've found pictures of them online and everyone of them are styled differently. It's interesting to me to see how people who have the same sculpts see them so very differently.

I reread my original post and realized that I wasn't very clear. I am sorry for the confusion. :oops:
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby bitterdarjeeling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 am

I have Resinsoul Mai, and I'm currently working on sewing clothes for him. Unfortunately, it's pretty slow right now since I'm preoccupied with my classes. I'm taking measurements and drafting patterns as i go, but I've ended up having to start over on a shirt I was sewing because the material was too stiff to allow him to slip his arms through the sleeves ^^'
bitterdarjeeling
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations