Go to footer

Cherry's New 'Do

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Cherry's New 'Do

Postby embyquinn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:29 pm

I got a bunch (I mean a BUNCH) of fun fur samples from DistinctiveFabric.com, and the first wig is complete. Cherry has long fur hair now!

I just got a new smartphone (YaY for Emby joining the 21st century!) and I was hoping to do a nice photoshoot today (my first day off since getting the phone), but the rain sort of eighty-sixed that idea. Ler sigh. Well, I'll try for tomorrow. Meanwhile, I managed these quick snaps.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Cherry's New 'Do

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:54 pm

She's adorable in her fluffy hair! But then, she's always adorable!
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby embyquinn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:08 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:She's adorable in her fluffy hair! But then, she's always adorable!

Awwwh...Riri heartz you too, ViVi! <3 <3 <3

Actually, I feel the same way about her. And she has literally dozens of wigs, and a lot of them are "traditional" saran/kanakelon/whatever fiber wigs...but she looks best of all in the fur wigs. They seem to suit her better than fiber, and I'm not sure why. But whatever she wears or whatever her hair is, I love her dearly.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:43 am

I agree! RiRi is always adorable, but she is rocking the long hair! :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby jemlovecraft » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 am

She looks great! :) You styled it really well, btw. I love how sleek it is, even though it's a fur wig.
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby embyquinn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:18 pm

richila wrote:I agree! RiRi is always adorable, but she is rocking the long hair! :D

However much I love my other dolls (and I do, even smartass Johnny), Cherry's my heart and always will be.

jemlovecraft wrote:She looks great! :) You styled it really well, btw. I love how sleek it is, even though it's a fur wig.

The furs from DistinctiveFabric.com are truly wonderful. This particular swatch, the "extra long hair fur", was particularly soft and silky and pleasing to the touch. I styled it by wetting it down, combing it into shape with a flea comb, and letting it air dry.
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby jemlovecraft » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Yeah, thanks for the link! I just ordered my five free member swatches. :) I got two of the extra extra long monkey shag, two of the extra long, and one of the two tone Mongolian. I can't wait! What size wig does Cherry wear?
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby embyquinn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 am

jemlovecraft wrote:Yeah, thanks for the link! I just ordered my five free member swatches. :) I got two of the extra extra long monkey shag, two of the extra long, and one of the two tone Mongolian. I can't wait! What size wig does Cherry wear?

She wears a 5/6 size wig, and generally speaking 1 swatch will make her a wig, though sometimes I have to cut a little creatively to best utilize the swatch (the dimensions vary slightly). For a 7/8 or a 9/10, you would probably need 2 swatches of the same color. One swatch will make two 3/4's if you're clever with your scissors.
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Aeilia » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:18 am

That's really nice looking hair, and I think the colour really suits Cherry!
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby jemlovecraft » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks! I'll have to do a second order then--at least the swatches are cheap XD
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations