Go to footer

Crochet dolls

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Crochet dolls

Postby DollyKim » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Using the Barb E and Ken E patterns I bought on Etsy, put pipe cleaners in them. They came out about one size bigger than the average 1/6 doll because of the gage.

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Crochet dolls

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:07 pm

That is really cool!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby DollyKim » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:28 pm

I know! I looked for the creator's shop, it's empty right now but here's the Email she has for it j-reagan@live.com so you can ask if she still sells copies. I can see a bigger hook and thicker yarn making sizable dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby oniakki » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Nice, though my first thought was some of the 'enemies' from classic Dr Who episodes :p
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:07 am

Mkay, I am starting to think something is off with the pattern. I tried another one with the corrections I made with the previous girl and the butt cheeks, waist reduction, and breasts were so out of alignment she was becoming a Picasso. Using a hook I get 6x6 gage with she's still coming out too small.

By the time I get done fidging, correcting, and experimenting it's probable I'll have a pattern of my own.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Definitely a problem with the pattern. This was done as written, the waist decrease is out of line with the butt cheeks, the breasts are supposed to be three stitches from the marker.

I wouldn't mind sharing the body part of the pattern with someone to see if the problem could be how I do rounds. I don't think that it is.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Eseme » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 am

The issue could be if the pattern is for joined rounds and you are working in a spiral. My advice would be to try joining the rounds and then chaining one and starting the new round. If you are working in spirals the start of the round will migrate, in joined rounds it will not.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:12 am

Could be, but my stitch count has been correct for each round and I've used a marker the whole time. The Oatmeal horse was worked in rounds with shaping and he came out fine.

With the large pair I moved the breast increase so they would be opposite the butt cheeks but the waist decrease is off kilter. The only other thing I can think to do next is try the pattern flat.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Eseme » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Even when your stitch count is correct for a round, when working in a spiral, the marker for the round start will move. I've made a number of amigurumi, all worked in spirals, and the row marker always moves several stitches over the course of 10-20 rounds. The only way I am aware of to prevent the row start from traveling is to join each round and chain 1 at the start of each round. This will leave a visible seam, likely down the spine of the doll.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Hmmm. I thought I was using the marker well enough, I use it on the last stitch of a round so I know the net one starts the next row, I also use a click row counter. The start of the rounds are on the left side, I tried moving them when I was charting it out but the way some of the decreases are it wasn't working. I might try working it flat to see what happens.

The Annie's Attic doll pattern came in so I'll be able to try that soon.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations