Go to footer

Ezekiel 60ish cm boy

Did you make that doll/wig/chair/whatever? No, really did you? Show us your finished products here! Post "How To's" in Tutorials

Ezekiel 60ish cm boy

Postby Myrretah » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 pm

So Ezekiel is a cool guy. I know, how descriptive... sorry. Zeke was born because of another doll that came into our house. It started as just a drawing and I have a really horrifying picture of him to show you...

ImageImage

Now that that is over... I started him as a plate that will fit on the same headback as Andreus, another doll that I am sculpting in the same size. They will both go on the slight build body which is why I pictured them both with it.

ImageImage

Ezekiel has some very different features. He has a massive overbite. His face is very narrow so it feels long, even though he is the same approximate size as Andreus. I will have to make some teeth just for him because his mouth is made so differently and he doesn't have fangs. He has one other interesting feature. He too has a deformity that effects his ears but it was a birth defect. They are not pointed. They are more squared off. He looks as though he is an elf that had his tips cut off. They are also huge. It's funny because despite being so... awkward, I still think he's pretty. He rocks that overbite and damnit, his ears were made for holding back his hair which not many sculpts can do when they are simply human. Well I guess he's a little bit more than human too. His father was Gadreel so he is a nephilim. In the story he is the oldest son, and he's not very old. His brothers keep getting killed off much to his great sadness. I'm really excited to work on him.

ImageImage

The next few shots are me trying to gauge the architecture of his face using shadows. I have only really worked on him for three or so days. I pick him up and wander around with him, smooth a little here and there, but I have only seriously gotten to sit down with him a small number of times. I shouldn't be so pleased over something so little and unfinished.

ImageImage
ImageImage

I hope that you like him. He has become very special to me. I will post progress here until he is done. I know he is very different but... I don't know... I knew the first time that I drew him I was going to have to sculpt him.
Deviant Art, Flickr, Am I Immortal Origin webcomic

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Ezekiel 60ish cm boy

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:47 am

I'd like to see how the face plate idea works out, that's a good idea.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby takahirokumiko » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 am

He's looking awesome so far. I can wait to see him finished.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Myrretah » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:46 am

Thank you so much guys.I am going to try to sit down with his headback today. I'll see what I can do with it. There are actually four of them that will go on it. I tend to make variants too with slightly different expressions and such so if someone wanted multiple faceplates for their doll they could get it. I like the idea of a headback because you don't have to fight with the hook to position his eyes, you don't have to fight with the hook if you want to swap faces... you get the point... and magnets. Hate them. Hate hate hate. I have wanted to make a magnetless system that felt secure in all positions but allowed the versatility Of the face plates that had magnets. I have heard horror stories of faces flying across the room. I don't want that. I also don't want to be the reason why someone gets upset because my doll does not work 100% out of the box. Most of my mods are because of my dissatisfaction. It's not that I don't like the sculpt, it's that it could work better. I don't think you should have to sacrifice function for form and am trying to use what I have learned in my mod work to create a body that engages nicely and reacts to touch while still holding poses with little effort from whomever is trying to pose them. I have achieved this with my mods. I can do this with my sculpts. I will make this work!

Sometimes in the darkness... all we need is to feel the pulse of another beside us to know that we can rise!
Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby jemlovecraft » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:16 pm

I love it! This is probably my favorite sculpt of yours so far. You just keep getting better and better. If you resculpted him as a mini, I'd buy it in a snap. ;)
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby Myrretah » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:33 pm

jemlovecraft wrote:If you resculpted him as a mini, I'd buy it in a snap. ;)

I actually will have my Fae line and they are minis. Freya is the first and Okami is sculpting Luka. There will be others as well. I am intending to make all sorts of parts so people can choose from a bunch of different looks as well as have the original dolls available as I intended. Freya, for example, looks like a young irish (very irish) girl and I had started to sculpt little cloven hooves for for her which would work with an alternate set of legs. I likewise wanted to make some different paws and various other feets for them with hands that feel similar in theme. the faces will be plates like Zeke's is. If you want I can post her so you can see my progress on her body and her little face. I will make more than just the one little one. Freya was just the loudest in the Fae size. Zeke is human sized, methiyus, another whom I should say something about is more than human and then Cain... He's god sized. Most of the fae will just be sweet little people. I hope you will like them as well as you like Ezekiel.

Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06 pm

I really love seeing all your sculpture! I am so impressed by your talents, and I adore his ears!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Eseme » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:42 am

I would love to see the minis. I do not get bigger dolls - I have 1\6 and smaller. Let us know when the sculpts are done!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Myrretah » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:58 pm

I shall. It is a slow process and I should take pics of him again. I have been working on his headback so it is very unvisible progress, though once I get it done I will be able to finish four in this size pretty quickly :) I have little ones. I have some pets that are small and some fae. I will post them as I work as well.

Myrretah
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Custom Creations