Go to footer

Feedback for TwinSnow

Let us know how other forum members OR outside sellers/dealers have treated you. Been screwed? Warn the rest of us!!

Feedback for TwinSnow

Postby Sixoclock » Fri May 18, 2012 12:28 pm

I will start off by saying that the eyes I have received are very pretty and that I am pleased that I purchased them as well as received a refund for the damaged one. I just want others to be aware of this particular experience if they are looking to make a purchase.

I ordered 6 pairs of eyes from Twin Snow (my husband was the actual purchaser). I wanted to purchase the original eyes before they were being upgraded to metallics - as I only like a few styles of metallics. A week or so later, Twin Snow informed us that they had made a shipping error and that the eyes had been returned to them, which is why there was a delay. My husband requested the eyes be expedited as they were for a special occasion. Twin Snow agreed and did send them expedited. I would also like to note the shipping I was charged was around $12 and when the package arrived it was marked as costing $2.48. I find this a bit steep in regards even if they were trying to cover packing materials.

Upon receiving the eyes, there was a note with one pair indicating it had been upgraded to metallics since the other style was sold out despite my being able to purchase it on the site. I really would have preferred if they had asked me if I would like the upgrade before just going through with it -- but regardless, I actually did like this particular pair of eyes.

Unfortunately, with one of the eyes in this pair there was a white scuff mark right in the center (pupil) of the eye. So, the eyes (as a pair at least) were now unusable as there would be no way to hide a scuff in the center of the eye. I contacted Twin Snow and let them know about the damage. They asked for me to send them a picture, which I did. At no point did Twin Snow deny that the damage was there before shipping.

Twin Snow then informed me that I could either have a refund or that they would send a replacement pair if I mailed the other pair back to them. Being that I actually liked the pair of eyes, I said I would like the replacement pair and inquired as to if they would be refundung my return shipping costs since the item was damaged upon arrival. Twin Snow said they would not cover the return shipping and it indicated such in their FAQ. I read through their FAQ and found mention of how damages are handled but no mention on what costs are and are not covered.

I responded to Twin Snow wanting to clarify that, although I received a damaged item from them, I still needed to spend more money (return shipping) in order to (hopefully) receive an undamaged item. This did not seem fair to me as it was not my fault the item arrived to me damaged.

Twin Snow replied that they did not want to refund me my shipping because they already had to pay shipping twice upon sending my original order. I apologize, but it was their shipping error that resulted in them needing to resend my order, which again, was not my fault. They now decided to say that the eyes were sent undamaged -- not when I originally notified them of the damage, but just when I was "pushing back" a bit in regards to the unfairness.

In the end, I decided to not take the replacement and instead accept their original offer of a refund, as I did not want to have to pay more money in order to receive what should have been received in the first place.

Unfortunately, depsite the eyes being pretty - I will not be purchasing from this company again due to such a bad experience with their handling of the issue.
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Feedback