Go to footer

Spoilers for pictures

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Spoilers for pictures

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi!

Some forums have that nifty Spoilers button that you can click and everything expands. Do we have that? I think it'd be handy for posts with lots of pictures. (Something I'm especially good at doing!)

If we have it, how do you do it?

Thanks!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Spoilers for pictures

Postby K2! » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Not at all sure what you're talking about. What forums have this?
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby oniakki » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:19 pm

The tag is normally [spoiler][/spoiler] but doesn't appear to be available on this forum (not sure how easy it'd be to add here as the other forum I'm on that has it is also powered by phpBB.

Here's a link to a post of mine on a minecraft forum that uses the tag. The image hidden by the tag is broken (was having some trouble with dropbox): http://honeygoes.freeforums.org/post3069.html#p3069 Please remove the link if I've inadvertently broken a linking rule here.

The tag is normally used to hide spoiler type information. for example, providing hints to a puzzle in a game as well as the solution, but by putting the solution behind a spoiler tag people who only want a little push in the right direction rather then being given the answer can avoid accidentally ruining it. It could also be used on movie review forums.

Here it's more suited to hiding sets of images so when revisiting a thread readers don't have to scroll as far to get to the newer stuff (as for me, using the 'new posts' link will load the page and show the new post, but then all the images in the thread load pushing the new post down and I have to scroll through all the prior posts and hope I can identify where the new posts start). A variant tag is the [nsfw][/nsfw] which is (hopefully obviously) used to hide content that is 'not safe for work'.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:28 pm

I don't think we have that ability here. We are on an older version of PHPBB and it may be a feature of one of the newer ones. Or it could be a plugin that was installed. I don't claim to be a wizard of forum creation so we're pretty basic around here.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:22 am

Greyhaunt- I'm no wizard either! :lol: I was just curious. Thanks.

(Thanks oniakki for explaining!)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby oniakki » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Having spent some time today looking into how hard it'd be to add, it appears to be an optional module for the newest major release of phpBB, and looks like a pain to setup anyway as apparently it's sensitive to themes and has to be tweaked or added to each one. (I don't have my test machine running at the moment so can't throw a copy of phpbb on it to play with, so this is all just what I could glean from the official forums and module portal.)
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby TasiaChiba » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:19 am

=pokes her head in=

Erm, actually, that's been around a while. Not sure just how old our phpBB is here, but I've gotten it to work on some older versions before. Here's a 2008 post with the old version hack: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=1014215 This one is really easy to set up in the ACP~
http://eof.cloverpetals.com/images/dolliehsignature.png
Tasia@DA // Ends of Fate (BJD Site) // ResinAngel@DA (BJD)
Jacera (DM Lilis Liv) | Bríean (CP Shiwoo Vampire) | Inathe (Unoa Lusis) | Graeme (DS Saint) +moar~
TasiaChiba
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:20 am

yea, won't be happening here then. we aren't on the newest version nor do I plan on switching over any time soon if I can avoid it.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Aurea Arleigh » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:yea, won't be happening here then. we aren't on the newest version nor do I plan on switching over any time soon if I can avoid it.

You're right! If it ain't broke...don't fix it =^.^=
My doll family:
Aurea Arleigh (my O.C. deity werebunny) Hujoo 12cm bunny!!!!

Kasumi Yashiro (1/6 Chara Dollfie)

Monster High: Custom Catrine Demew, Custom Kitty Cheshire, Custom Catty Noir, Custom MH Warcraft Draenei and Custom MH warcraft Night elf female.(all customs done by myself)
Aurea Arleigh
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts