Go to footer

Can someone explain to me about the trade/sale forum?

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Can someone explain to me about the trade/sale forum?

Postby koratheexplora » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:46 am

I don't want to do anything wrong. So we can only list items for trade/sale for a month. So then do we have to take a break from selling for a month and then we can relist? I'm so confused by what the policy states and I don't want to break any rules.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Can someone explain to me about the trade/sale forum?

Postby K2! » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:37 am

koratheexplora wrote:So we can only list items for trade/sale for a month.

Yes, your sale thread will remain posted for approximately 30 days from its original date of posting. Shortly after that it will be removed. Each member is allowed 1 sale thread per Swap Meet forum. While your sale thread is up, you may add and/or subtract items as needed. Adding an item to your sale thread does not extend the length of the original post.

So then do we have to take a break from selling for a month and then we can relist?

Yes and no. If you were selling an item and it didn't sell in 30 days, you should not relist that item in another post for 30 days (30 days on, 30 days off). You could start a new sale thread with different items immediately after your previous post is removed, but it should not contain anything listed in the previous thread.

The theory behind the Swap Meet rules is that this is a very small forum (currently only a round 600 members, a smaller number of which are active members) and selling/trading is not the primary focus of the forum. The Swap Meet forums are here as a courtesy to our members and not for large scale sales. Presumably 30 days is enough time for any interested forum member to view a sale thread and act upon it if they wish. If an item didn't sell here within 30 days, it's probably not going to sell here. If you really need to move some merchandise, there are other, better sales venues with much larger audiences.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Can someone explain to me about the trade/sale forum?

Postby koratheexplora » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks this helps a lot. That makes sense, we don't want to keep going through the same dolls over and over again. I mostly was listing the dolls here because I wanted doll lovers to have a chance at them. I hate EBay and most of my dolls aren't worth a lot so I didn't want to list them there. I thought this would be a good way to rehome dolls I'm no longer using at reasonable prices. Thanks so much for helping me out. :)
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts