Go to footer

UPGRADE ALERT

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

UPGRADE ALERT

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:10 pm

I'm not certain if anyone else has been experiencing problems, but I've started getting all sorts of PHP errors when I drop by and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and update the program that runs this place. This will mean a few issues when I do so:

1. The board will crash. Sorry, no way to change that, this is a major upgrade and I have no choice.
2. Many things may cease to work. I'm not sure what things - which really sucks, but they say that this upgrade is not compatible with the prior version therefore MODS will no longer work. And I can't remember what MODS I used except for the auto image sizer...so yea, expect that to crash.
3. Our familiar board styles will probably disappear. Major bummer again, but also nothing I can do except search for new ones. Apparently the styles will also no longer be compatible.

I'd like to do this as soon as possible, but I'd also like to do this when I know I'll have a full weekend which means next weekend won't work for me as I have a prior commitment on Saturday. Soooo, I'm aiming for the weekend of 24-25th. That will be for the actual upgrading - fixing any of the cosmetic issues will probably be done on and off during the following week. I hope y'all will be patient with me as I transition the forum to the upgrade.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: UPGRADE ALERT

Postby WhiteDove01s » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Good luck with it! I know that sometimes, when stuff gets old, you just have to bite the bullet and make big changes. (This said as someone who once kept a secondhand laptop that someone was going to toss because it was dying running for another 4-5 years, via hard drive swap, replaced fan, and running Linux on it.)

Hopefully the board won't be down too long and the whole process goes as smoothly as possible. Is the crash going to wipe old posts or will they transfer once it's up again?
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Yes, a bunch of us are throwing PHP errors that supposedly relate to the time zone.

phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:05 pm

WhiteDove - nothing should get lost (cross fingers) as I always do a backup before upgrading anyway. And its not the database itself being updated, just the programming.

Victoria - yep, that would be the error. It's a pain, but if everyone can live with it for a bit longer I will work on fixing it.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:44 am

Eh, the system is just jealous that DOA got upgraded and it didn't. ;)
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby richila » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:21 am

Lol I just got my first error today.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:19 pm

I've never run message board software, so thought I'd ask. XD (After all, the only really stupid question is the one you never ask... this way I've learned something. :) )

I've been getting the errors too. Sometimes, a little downtime is necessary.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:12 pm

It's not crashing anything, just throwing non-critical errors. Not a big deal until you can fix it.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby embyquinn » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:28 am

Even with the PHP errors, this is still the best dollieh forum EVAR. <3
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:02 pm

I just got my first error message clicking on this topic. Obviously some kind of conspiracy!
...or it could be because I haven't been here in a while. Now I see them on every page I click.

Good luck with the upgrade.
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts