Go to footer

PM Problems

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Re: PM Problems

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:10 am

You don't have to lose your favorites when you reformat! I'm not sure where they sit in the current version of windows, but somewhere in there is a folder called Favorites and all you need to do is copy that onto a backup drive or thumbdrive or something and then put it back in after you reinstall. I've done that many times!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

Greyhaunt wrote:You don't have to lose your favorites when you reformat! I'm not sure where they sit in the current version of windows, but somewhere in there is a folder called Favorites and all you need to do is copy that onto a backup drive or thumbdrive or something and then put it back in after you reinstall. I've done that many times!

Oh, wow?!? Really?!?!? :faints with happiness: Would you believe that reinputting all the 'favorite' links is the toughest thing I do when reformatting?! It's the thing I dread when an upcoming reformat is lurking in my future! And if I can just grab and copy/paste a folder and be done with it in one step, that would be incredible! That would make everything SO much easier! I am forever indebted to you for this!!!! I had a feeling you might have a solution!! You are so awesome! :hug:

Thanks again for everything, Grey-sama!!! :bows before your greatness:

~Setsuna
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 am

AlmySidaKay wrote:I use google chrome tied to my gmail account, and it will actually save your bookmarks so the moment you log into the browser it will save your favorites and bookmarks so that you can access them no matter what computer you are on. :D

I didn't know that, either! Wow, you just have to ask around here!!

Thanks, Almy-san! I'll look into that if the folder thing doesn't work for me. (Though I'm really hoping it will!)

^^
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 am

SetsunaKou wrote:Oh, wow?!? Really?!?!? :faints with happiness: Would you believe that reinputting all the 'favorite' links is the toughest thing I do when reformatting?! It's the thing I dread when an upcoming reformat is lurking in my future! And if I can just grab and copy/paste a folder and be done with it in one step, that would be incredible! That would make everything SO much easier! I am forever indebted to you for this!!!! I had a feeling you might have a solution!! You are so awesome! :hug:

Thanks again for everything, Grey-sama!!! :bows before your greatness:

~Setsuna

hahaha, it's no problem. I'm just a computer geek and I've suffered the loss of Favorites a lot too. What version of Windows do you have? When I get home I'll check and find exactly where the folder is for you since once I go looking I"ll know where, it's just I'm at work and this is an old XP machine (unless that is what you have in which case I'll be able to tell you sooner). Plus I have to DO things to be able to explain them :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts