Go to footer

PM Problems

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

PM Problems

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Ok, it seems like folks are having PM problems lately so I need to track them and try to find a commonality that will give me a place to trouble-shoot. Therefore, if you discover a problem with sending or receiving PMs, please post the following information in this thread:

Your name
Were you sending or receiving
To/from whom
Approximately what time of day/night
What internet browser are you using to send the PM (if you were the sender)
Were there images in the message

I may add more questions to this list as we progress, but hopefully this will help me narrow down the problem. I'm suspecting something at the server or browser level - but that's merely a guess.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: PM Problems

Postby Serif Balehawk » Mon May 30, 2011 1:54 am

Your name: SerifBalehawk
Were you sending or receiving: Reveiving
To/from whom: From Greyhaunt
Approximately what time of day/night: Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:59 PM according to my email
What internet browser are you using to send the PM (if you were the sender): N/A
Were there images in the message: Unsure.

This is the second time I've had an email telling me I've had a PM, and then I get to the site and it tells me it's been deleted by the sender. I don't know if this site is like Invisionfree, where you aren't supposed to be able to do that, or like Proboards, which is the same, but from what I understand once a message is sent that's it. I don't fully understand how they can be suddenly gone from my inbox. I don't know if the person that sent it actually DID delete it or not, but it's rather un-nerving.
Serif Balehawk

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon May 30, 2011 9:24 am

Yes, the person sending it to you DID delete it..ahem...I oopsed and hit a wrong button sending a PM to an entire group of people instead of just one person, so I deleted it before i was further humiliated by my own stupidity LOL. Deleting a PM before it's read is definitely possible, but rarely done because I don't think most people make dumb mistakes like I do. Don't let it bother you - I promise it was nothing personal :)

Serif Balehawk wrote:Your name: SerifBalehawk
Approximately what time of day/night: Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:59 PM according to my email
What internet browser are you using to send the PM (if you were the sender): N/A

This is the second time I've had an email telling me I've had a PM, and then I get to the site and it tells me it's been deleted by the sender. I don't know if this site is like Invisionfree, where you aren't supposed to be able to do that, or like Proboards, which is the same, but from what I understand once a message is sent that's it. I don't fully understand how they can be suddenly gone from my inbox. I don't know if the person that sent it actually DID delete it or not, but it's rather un-nerving.
Greyhaunt

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon May 30, 2011 9:27 am

Yes, deleting a post before the receiver reads it is possible and it does leave the recipient a wierd "this has been deleted" message. I did do that because, like an utter dork, I accidentally sent a PM to an entire group instead of just one person...oops. Rather than be ultra humiliated through my stupidity, I deleted the message before anyone could read it :) Sorry for the confusion, I promise it was nothing personal.

Serif Balehawk wrote:Your name: SerifBalehawk

Greyhaunt

Postby Lilli » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Edit: I misread a post, and made a dork of meself :P

No problems here, but.. Don't know how to delete a post here..
Last edited by Lilli on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lilli
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby landwhale » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi LIlli,

I was sending the PM to Sixoclock for Hujoo girl on Thu Jul 21, 2011 at 7:21 am .

I'm sorry, I was trying to buy the Hujoo girl. Erm...I know you said you want her on the JS forum, so if you really want her let me know and I'll back out since I don't Neeeeeed a hujoo girl.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Greyhaunt-sama!!

I'm soo sorry to bother you but for about a month or two now, I've been missing a 'delete' button in my PM inbox.

At the same time and right now as well, my status there says 'Folder is 0% Full - 0 of 200 messages stored,' though I know that I have more than 0 messages in there.
So I think there's an error or something.

I've just been ignoring the problem, and leaving all my messages, though I wanted to delete them.

However, tonight, I received a message, but can't read it because it's being held back, until I 'release it' once I delete/make room for it in my inbox.

I can't do it, though, since I don't have a delete button. ^^;;

I tried to changed the user board layout, just in case there was some error in the Hello Kitty board I use.

But it still didn't have a 'delete' button on the Pinky board.

Can you help? I'm not sure what to do and I feel bad about the incoming messages I can't read. ^^;;

Thanks in advance, so much!

~Setsuna
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:51 pm

OK, wow, I'd forgotten how darn pink that Hello Kitty theme is - I nearly passed out from kitty overload :shock:

So, I checked the Hello Kitty theme first and there is a delete button there no problem. I also ran a test of your forum permissions and nothing was missing through that method either, so the problem is not with your permissions.

There are two ways to delete PMs: inside a PM you click the X button that is next to the QUOTE button or on your main list of PMs you put a check mark in the box for that PM on the far right, then down at the bottom of the page is a drop list that doesn't have a name, but defaults to Mark/Unmark as Important. if you click the drop arrow you'll see an option to Delete - pick that and click Go.

You didn't say what browser you are using, but it could be an issue of the browser and the forum not being compatible with one another as can happen sometimes. Maybe try a different browser and see if your delete buttons reappear.
Greyhaunt

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:35 am

Hi!! :hugs: THANK YOU so much for the quick reply!!!!

I don't have the drop down menu thingy either, so.....I had to resort to the 'x' inside the pms to delete them!! It took a while (had to do about 30 of them and there are more to do, but.....I gave up for now..... ^^;; :laughs: ) But the 'x' worked! So I was able to release the 'on hold' messages. Yay!!!!

I'm not positive when this happened....about 1-2 months ago, I think. Before then, I had the delete button and the drop down menu. :(
You know what it may have been, about that time, I downloaded and installed Windows SErvice Pack 3. I wonder if that could have anything to do with it. I know those SPs often cause me problems with some scripting somewhere. ARGH!

I use the Windows Explorer 8 (I think?) browser with Service Pack 3. I'll be it's that's pesky SP3.....

Well, I'll probably be reformatting my computer again in the next couple of weeks, so maybe it will be resolved when I reset everything again.......(I usually reformat twice a year and I actually skipped the 2nd reformatting last year, so.....it's due, I guess.)

It's just such a pain to reinstall all my programs after a reformat. But mostly, I don't like re-inputting all my bookmarks/favorites. THAT'S the major pain! I have to reopen the site I like, save as a favorite and then move on to the next site, do the same thing, and so on. Just takes forever...... (At least as far as I know how! :laughs: )
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 am

I use google chrome tied to my gmail account, and it will actually save your bookmarks so the moment you log into the browser it will save your favorites and bookmarks so that you can access them no matter what computer you are on. :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts