Go to footer

Nifty features

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Re: Nifty features

Postby K2! » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:04 pm

leopardessmoon wrote::?: what happened to the "members" link? I found it usefull to look every week to see who was new to the boards. I often recognized old familiars and added them to my contact lists right away so I knew where to find them.

On "Dirty Board", at the top center next to Log out. Upper right next to log out on Prosilver,
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby leopardessmoon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:00 pm

K2! wrote:
leopardessmoon wrote::?: what happened to the "members" link? I found it usefull to look every week to see who was new to the boards. I often recognized old familiars and added them to my contact lists right away so I knew where to find them.

On "Dirty Board", at the top center next to Log out. Upper right next to log out on Prosilver,

hrm... I use dirty board, and the members link is now missing. It has been gone for about a week now. I have even hovered overthe area to see if it is invisable. Maybe the setting was changed and only mods can see it now?
leopardessmoon

Postby Llwynog » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:16 pm

I can see it on Dirty Board and I'm just a user.
Llwynog
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby leopardessmoon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:17 pm

I think its because of the user group I am assigned to...I am not sure my PM's are going through either because I havent gotten responces to a few that I thought would respond to me...K2! I PM'd you please let me know if you got it. thanks!

edit: ok now other things have gone wonky! aaakkk
leopardessmoon

Postby K2! » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 am

leopardessmoon wrote:K2! I PM'd you please let me know if you got it. thanks!

No PM from you. Is your out going message box full? Cleared your browser's cache lately? Ah, what else...?
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby leopardessmoon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:10 am

K2! wrote:
leopardessmoon wrote:K2! I PM'd you please let me know if you got it. thanks!

No PM from you. Is your out going message box full? Cleared your browser's cache lately? Ah, what else...?

outbox is empty, sent messages box is 6% inbox is 5%
clear cache out daily...
I really think my problem is that my user group was changed to read "spammer"
and I get this message

"Information
You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles."

which means I cannot see memberlist or profiles, cant send PM',s and I noticed that my post count isnt going up anymore either. I hope this is a just a glitch that can be fixed, cause I am so not a spammer, and I really want to participate in this group. I have made friends here. :(
leopardessmoon

Postby K2! » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:04 pm

leopardessmoon wrote:outbox is empty, sent messages box is 6% inbox is 5%
clear cache out daily...
I really think my problem is that my user group was changed to read "spammer"
and I get this message

"Information
You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles."

which means I cannot see memberlist or profiles, cant send PM',s and I noticed that my post count isnt going up anymore either. I hope this is a just a glitch that can be fixed, cause I am so not a spammer, and I really want to participate in this group. I have made friends here. :(

Hmmm, as I'm no more than a user with php software I can't say what happened for sure. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere in the board that gets triggered by posting too much, too fast, too often. I know I have hit a similar "flood control" over on JS, where there has to be about a minute interval after a post before you can post again. Could be something similar. Could be the kind of thing that isn't tripped all that often. It also might be timed, so that you get bumped to the "spammers" users group for a set period of time, then bumped back. Kind of like some sites have daily download limits. You get so much bandwidth then it "bans" your address for a set time period.
Also I'm not sure what the deal is with the php software, whether it was purchased or if it's a copy that came with the site, a free "limited use" copy or what.

I'll see what I can find out.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby leopardessmoon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm

K2! wrote:I'll see what I can find out.

yay! it seems to be fixed now. I only have time to come here once or twice a week so alot of my posts do happen in bursts! :)
leopardessmoon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts