Go to footer

this is probably a stupid question...

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

this is probably a stupid question...

Postby roguewolf128 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 pm

I am a noob to postings forums and such, and I cant find were to change the words below my avatar. I've been looking at the forum facts hopeing I didn't have to post this. Again sorry.
Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?
roguewolf128
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: this is probably a stupid question...

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 pm

roguewolf128 wrote:I am a noob to postings forums and such, and I cant find were to change the words below my avatar. I've been looking at the forum facts hopeing I didn't have to post this. Again sorry.

No problem :)

Unfortunately, this format forum doesn't give individual users the ability to change the text under their image - that basically equals your "ranking" and since I don't care for bland things like stars or acorns etc...I set up wierd text. As you gain in post count your text will change.

The people who have names in green and really wierd text - like K2, Cirquemom and Mlatch are mods - mods get custom ranks as a perk of their job :) Then there is me - I do whatever I want because I can :lol: :lol: :lol: I am a mostly benevolent dictator however, so don't let that scare you :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby roguewolf128 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Lol, thank you benevolent dictator* Bows formally*. I'd take your totalitarianism over DoA any day *cough* snobs *cough*
Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?
roguewolf128
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:59 pm

I enjoy having a signature on here. You can be more creative and have a lot more room.
Although my banner is a little silly right now. :)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby K2! » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 am

Gift_in_Edge wrote:I enjoy having a signature on here. You can be more creative and have a lot more room.
Although my banner is a little silly right now. :)

Just show some good sense with your signatures. While we don't have posted size limits for signature graphics, don't go nuts with huge pictures, multiple animated GIF files, etc. That stuff makes for s-l-o-w download times for those folks still on dial-up (Yeah, there are still a bunch of them out there).
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 am

Remind me this weekend Gift, I'll help you resize your sig.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:07 am

No need for Gift to resize, I think that image is a comfortable nice size. Wouldn't go bigger really, but that is fine :)

And yes, feel free to enjoy creativity in your signature line :) I shamelessly allow for a lot of text because I hate it when I get told I don't have enough room....unfortunately, due to my dollieh buying habits....i don't have enough room :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta shorten a few names down there :(
Greyhaunt

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Greyhaunt wrote: unfortunately, due to my dollieh buying habits....i don't have enough room :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta shorten a few names down there :(

Wow! That is a lot of names. :O
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Oh.. that IS a lot of dolliehs......
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:59 pm

well..um...yea, it's a lot. But in my defense I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs so I really have no other expensive hobbies to spend my spare change on :lol:

Over half of them are tinies though - I just don't have the room for a lot of big dolls as much as I'd like them!
Greyhaunt

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts