Go to footer

The colours of read/unread forums/topics

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

The colours of read/unread forums/topics

Postby Evelien » Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 am

In front of every forum and topic there's this little icon that shows us if we've read everything there or not. Now I hate to be a whiner but I'm slightly colourblind and it's hard for me to see the difference. I really need to concentrate to see it and it's starting to bug me more and more. Is there any way the 'unread' image could be a bit lighter/brighter in colour..?

I'm so sorry for asking this, I really don't want to be a nagging tart, but I figured I might as well ask.. right..? :oops:
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: The colours of read/unread forums/topics

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri May 27, 2011 2:03 am

If you change your forum theme you will change the colors. Just change your theme. User Control Panel. Board Preferences. Edit Global Settings. Then in that Edit Global Settings choose something new from My Board Style till you find something you like.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Evelien » Fri May 27, 2011 2:18 am

Oh wow!! Thank you so much! I didn't even think of this possibility. Usually forums only have one default style installed. This is SO awesome!! *squee*
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Fri May 27, 2011 2:24 am

Meh, the only style that works for me is the basic subsilver2 :(. I like Fae Forest best but on that theme the read and unread images are 90% the same colour, can only see the difference when I pinch my eyes..! :( It gives me a headache haha. Same thing on the prosilver and pinkie :( Oh well. At least now I can see what's new :mrgreen: thanks again!
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri May 27, 2011 8:49 am

Unfortunatley I don't create the themes - I just pick them out and load them up so I don't have much power to change anything in them. I haven't gone theme "shopping" in a while so maybe while I'm on vacation I'll look and see if there are any new ones with more contrast for you.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby K2! » Fri May 27, 2011 9:30 am

Evelien wrote:I'm so sorry for asking this, I really don't want to be a nagging tart, but I figured I might as well ask.. right..? :oops:

Please, just ask. We're here to answer these questions. We may not have the answer you want to here, but it does no harm to ask.

While you're in there (your Control Panel) take a little time to explore the options. We've left a number of the options enabled (that frequently get disabled on other larger boards).
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Evelien » Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 am

I was a bit scared I'd be considered a nagging tart because I just brought up the signature size max like a day ago, haha. :P

I have the um.. DarkFantasy I think? activated now, it's lovely. This morning it didn't work for me though, because there was too much sunlight shining into the room, but now it works :). Yay for not having to use the subsilver! lol that's just boring!
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Llwynog » Fri May 27, 2011 10:04 am

Some of the themes have links for "view unread post" and "view new post." They are really the most efficient way to keep current on a small forum like this one.
Llwynog
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri May 27, 2011 10:21 am

I was really bummed, the Hello Kitty theme is very hard to tell when you have new unread topics. :P
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri May 27, 2011 11:11 am

AlmySidaKay wrote:I was really bummed, the Hello Kitty theme is very hard to tell when you have new unread topics. :P

Really? I thought the little flower things on the left blink (slowly) from flower to shimmer when there is a new, unread posting in a category. But also as Llwynog said, there is a link on that forum for "View New Posts" and "View Unread Posts" Personally I almost always use those first thing to see what has been going on :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts