Go to footer

blank white screens most of the time

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

blank white screens most of the time

Postby theodoric » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:51 pm

for the past few days I have been noticing that more often than not all I get is a blank white screen when I try to access a section or a thread

I dont get any error messages .... and the status bar at the bottom of my browser says "Done" ... so I connected with the page ... there just isnt any data getting sent, or I'm not receiving any text data ... it is like all I am getting is the start code and the stop code for the page url, but no data

sometimes hitting "refresh" gets me the data ... but about half the time that doesnt work either
theodoric
BANNED

Re: blank white screens most of the time

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:58 pm

theodoric wrote:for the past few days I have been noticing that more often than not all I get is a blank white screen when I try to access a section or a thread

I dont get any error messages .... and the status bar at the bottom of my browser says "Done" ... so I connected with the page ... there just isnt any data getting sent, or I'm not receiving any text data ... it is like all I am getting is the start code and the stop code for the page url, but no data

sometimes hitting "refresh" gets me the data ... but about half the time that doesnt work either

Yea, its extremely frustrating, but unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it. what it boils down to is a bargain webhost (necessary since this forum is privately funded) that periodically has issues like white screens, errors, etc... The only recommendation I can give is, when it happens issue forth with with many and colorful imprecations at the entity known as iPage and give it a bit of time. Usually I give it ten minutes or so and it's back again. Not a great solution, but so long as no one around you is going to be bothered by it the imprecations can be soothing :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: blank white screens most of the time

Postby theodoric » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:Yea, its extremely frustrating, but unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it. what it boils down to is a bargain webhost (necessary since this forum is privately funded) that periodically has issues like white screens, errors, etc... The only recommendation I can give is, when it happens issue forth with with many and colorful imprecations at the entity known as iPage and give it a bit of time. Usually I give it ten minutes or so and it's back again. Not a great solution, but so long as no one around you is going to be bothered by it the imprecations can be soothing :)

I understand :) ... and thank you for the reply :D
theodoric
BANNED

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts