Go to footer

Search phrases: words that are being ignored

Find out about new features, make wishes, bring up technical problems. Not a place to complain about naughty posts, etc...

Search phrases: words that are being ignored

Postby Evelien » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 am

I'm trying to find a topic in which someone explains how to remove the hands of a 60cm Obitsu, but it's very hard because the search engine ignores the words 'obitsu', '60' and 'change' :(. Is there any reason the forum was programmed this way..? I really need to be able to search for the word Obitsu...
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Search phrases: words that are being ignored

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:53 am

Evelien wrote:I'm trying to find a topic in which someone explains how to remove the hands of a 60cm Obitsu, but it's very hard because the search engine ignores the words 'obitsu', '60' and 'change' :(. Is there any reason the forum was programmed this way..? I really need to be able to search for the word Obitsu...

Honestly, I've never used the search engine before, but I dont' see why it would ignore things. On the other hand, I know we dont' have a thread about removing hands. The best thing to do is go straight to Tips and Tricks to see if something specific has been posted there.

There may be a thread on Junkyspot about removing hands - but as far as I remember all you need to do is warm up the vinyl a bit with a hair dryer and then pull them off - or post the question and K2 will answer when he sees it - he knows EVERYTHING about obitsu :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Evelien » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

Well that's what it says.. search for 'hands obitsu 60 change' and it'll say it's ignored 'obitsu 60 change' and come up with 500 search results for 'hands' only.. Try it :P

I searched through Google and found a thread here about removing the feet, in which someone said 'I know there's a lot of threads here about removing hands already', lol.. that's why I tried to dig deeper.

Thanks for the heating tip. The hands are so tightly connected to the arms that I didn't dare pull too hard... don't wanna break anything..!
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 am

Ok, I did some experimenting and it seems that the search is specifically objecting to the word "Obitsu" my guess is that it's used so often here in the forum that it qualifies as a common word! I tried a search on 60cm and that came up fine, as did a search on Monster (I was thinking of monster high dolls). So the search works - it just doesn't seem to like Obitsu. I'm not sure if I can fix that or not, but I'll look into it.
Greyhaunt

Postby Evelien » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah, I figured it was something like that :P. We just talk about our Obitsus too much lol ^^
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks for the tip, I searched for '60cm hands' this time and found this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1366&p=12011&hilit=60cm+hands#p12011
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 am

Perfect!

I have found how to fix the search engine, but it involves some time consuming work so I'll save doing it for this weekend or later in the evening :)
Greyhaunt

Postby Evelien » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks in advance! I've noticed this before and I'll probably want to search for the word 'obitsu' in the future too. Take your time though ^^
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby K2! » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:or post the question and K2 will answer when he sees it - he knows EVERYTHING about obitsu :)

That is not true.
I do not know if they make their hard plastic parts in house or if they job them out. Nor did I know they used a rotational oven for baking some vinyl parts. And the list goes on...
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:41 am

K2! wrote:That is not true.
I do not know if they make their hard plastic parts in house or if they job them out. Nor did I know they used a rotational oven for baking some vinyl parts. And the list goes on...

Ok, I rephrase that - K2 knows everything IMPORTANT about Obitsu!
Greyhaunt

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Forum Facts